Cavan
Where is the option for polls in newbb 1?
  • 2005/1/15 8:42

• Cavan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/28

I've searched for the answer to this question here at Xoops.org (in several forums) but I cannot find a straight-forward answer to this rather simple question:

How do I activate or start a poll in the NewBB Forums Module?

I've read (from one of the vague answers I did encounter) that you need to have the Polls Module installed (I do) in order for this to work, but where do I actually start a poll as a topic (and not part of an existing topic) in the NewBB Module? Is this option non-existent for NewBB 1? The only place I see that I can create a poll is through Admin (in the Polls Module itself) but that just seems far too tedious to do everytime you want to start a poll for your users.

Thinking I'd "upgrade", I tried updating to NewBB 2, but that was a complete disaster (the only module installation that totally bombed on me so far since using Xoops). Fortunately, I believe in what I call "3BS&M" ("backup, backup and backup some more"---now I know I'm tired, I'm making up stuff) and I ditched Newbb 2 and uploaded NewBB 1 back to its rightful place ("if it ain't broke, don't fix it").

Maybe I'm just exhausted and going blind from working with Photoshop all day (making new forum images, etc) but isn't there a more efficient way to start a poll (or enable the option for a poll other than through Admin via the Polls Module), or am I missing something here?

Mithrandir
Re: Where is the option for polls in newbb 1?

Newbb1 does not support polls. It was a new feature in Newbb2

Herko
  • 2005/1/15 8:52

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

the option itself is non-existant in newbb!, yes.

Herko

Herko
  • 2005/1/15 9:00

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

wow, it took me 3 minutes to post that single line... I need to learn type faster!

Herko

Cavan
ANSWERED: Where is the option for polls in newbb 1? NOWHERE.
  • 2005/1/15 14:31

• Cavan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/28

Okay, so...Any suggestions for a remedy here? Besides upgrading to NewBB 2 or using the Polls Module? Is there a way to integrate a PHPBB2 forum into Xoops? I have a PHPBB2 (2.0.10) forum already up-and-running that I can drop in an iframe (in a new block) but the whole user name and password conflict (between the XOOPS site and PHPBB2 site) would have to be worked around...Any ideas here?

In the meantime, I think I'll go get some coffee and have a go at the module repository and the other forums (re: this topic) and see what's what.

Thank you, Mithrandir & Herko, for your quick replies.

Login

Who's Online

305 user(s) are online (50 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 305

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits