kbkhoo5053
How To Use XOOPS??
  • 2005/1/14 1:33

• kbkhoo5053

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/13

How To Use XOOPS?? I had installed it.. But don knw how to use.. Can anyone plz assist me?? Thanks..

jdseymour
Re: How To Use XOOPS??

Hi and welcome to xoops.

Xoops is module based for content so I would suggest first reading the faq here:

Administrating and Building a XOOPS Website

Lots of information here. If you have any questions about what you are reading, just ask and it will be clarified.

Good job getting the site installed and good luck with your new website.

Happy Xoopsing

kbkhoo5053
  • 2005/1/14 2:59

• kbkhoo5053

• Just popping in

May I know where to find out the XOOPS that I had installed??? At where can I find it???

sgshell
  • 2005/1/14 3:10

• sgshell

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/4

you do not where you install yours xoopss???

Btw, i guess you are new in it..... i suggest you play around with it first before you start to create contents for yours site....start from play with modules that come with XOOPS like newbb for forums and etc...try setting of user persmission, modules permission and etc....register yourself few more users and start look at how each permission limit your users on the modules or even blocks.

jdseymour

If you mean the version number, just click on the Administration Menu link in the user menu, that takes you to the control panel. Scroll all the way to the bottom. The XOOPS version will be listed there on the page footer.

jdseymour

Good suggestions sgshell.

kbkhoo5053
  • 2005/1/14 3:41

• kbkhoo5053

• Just popping in

I test it under Internet Explorer and run it. But nothing disoplay out. For instance, I enterhttp://localhost/html/mainfile.php.. But nth display.. Y?? Then I open it using Macromedia Dreamweaver.. No content inside the mainfile.php.. Y??

Indeed, how to use it??? How to find System Admin --> Block?? Izit at the HTML Folder that I downlaoded and extract it.

kbkhoo5053
  • 2005/1/14 3:45

• kbkhoo5053

• Just popping in

Where is newbb forums located at the XOOPS website??? I can't find it..

limecity
  • 2005/1/14 5:07

• limecity

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/7/6 0

boy.. you're one tough one. Can you please ask your question properly? No one can help if you go on like this.

damn.. Folllow the installtion guide and read it carefully. Follow step by step and dun miss out a damn step.

How to use this.. how to use that? where this where that.. wtf...If you are facing some damn problems, then list them out properly so we could undestand what you're see and facing. That way we can HELP.

Don't flood the forum asking the same damn question over and over. Its spamming.

MAKE USE of the SEARCH function in xoops.orghttps://xoops.org/search.php

MAKE USE of the FAQ section in xoops.org
https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/

if you can't find your answers then you post questions.

kbkhoo5053
  • 2005/1/14 8:03

• kbkhoo5053

• Just popping in

limecity.. Hey, wat r ur attiude?? I'm user.. U dare to scold me.. So disappointed..

Login

Who's Online

150 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 150

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits