Dave_L
Action List
  • 2005/1/4 0:18

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

I'm attempting to construct a list of action items, specific tasks that we need to do.

This list isn't necessarily all-inclusive; it's just a device to kickstart our effort.

You may only propose an item if you follow these rules:

Rule #1: The item must be a specific task, something that can actually be done by an individual or small group of individuals within a reasonable period of time (e.g., no more than 30 days).

Rule #2: You must be willing and able to perform at least 50% of the work yourself, and are available to start on it in the near future.

I suggest allowing one week from today to construct the initial list. Then I'll ask for volunteers, and assign the tasks to specific people or groups.

I'll start:

Action item #1: Write a smoketest for a module.

The module should be a common one that's widely used and understood. The smoketest doesn't have to be perfect; it's just a starting point. After it's drafted, we'll evaluate it and discuss it.

Action item #2: Review the General Module Development Standards in the Dev Wiki, and specify what changes, if any, are needed before incorporating them as part of the (proposed) QA certification process.

brash
Re: Action List
  • 2005/1/7 1:20

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Hopefully these are suitable, feel free to delete if otherwise;

Action Item #3 Define smoketest platforms.

This would be a part of a generic smoketest template that all modules being tested would use. I can define what Windows / IIS platform environments should be included, but will need help for *nix / Apache.

After Bash and I discussed the other action item he posted, he decided to remove it, so I've done so.

Dave_L
  • 2005/1/9 11:35

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

Just a reminder that the deadline for the initial action list is tomorrow.

Dave_L
  • 2005/1/13 23:17

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

Ok, time to associate people with the action items.

Action item #1: Write a smoketest for a module.

I think one or two volunteers should be adequate.

Action item #2: Review the General Module Development Standards in the Dev Wiki, and specify what changes, if any, are needed before incorporating them as part of the (proposed) QA certification process.

I've already done a little with this. A couple of volunteers are needed to help finish it.

Action Item #3 Define smoketest platforms.

Brash has stated he can define the Windows platforms. One or two more people are needed to define the Linux platforms.

------

Please PM me if you're willing to work on any of the above, specifying which one(s), and I'll try to coordinate things.

------

By the way, feel free to continue posting new action items. I'll do that too as I think of them.

Marco
  • 2005/1/17 21:06

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

Hy !
is everybody sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeping !
I'm ok for action nr 1 !!!!
who else ????
marco

daddystu
  • 2005/1/18 14:51

• daddystu

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/25

I think Dave asked for PMs so I am hoping that people did which is why it might be quiet here??

Dave_L
  • 2005/1/18 14:58

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

I haven't gotten any PMs though, except for Marco, who has volunteered for item #1.

daddystu
Re: Action List - terminology
  • 2005/1/18 15:06

• daddystu

• Just popping in

Action Item #4: List of terminology

Define which areas require 'standard' terms. UI buttons - 'Submit' c.f. 'Send' for example. Next would be translation of these.

daddystu
  • 2005/1/18 15:11

• daddystu

• Just popping in

Quote:

Dave_L wrote:
I haven't gotten any PMs though, except for Marco, who has volunteered for item #1.

Gyah!
Sorry guys! So where are we all? hellooooo.

I can look at Action #2..

daddystu
  • 2005/1/18 15:14

• daddystu

• Just popping in

Action Item #5: Decide on a test module

This should be fairly easy...

Login

Who's Online

164 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 164

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits