dor88keys
problem connecting to MySQL during xoops installation
  • 2005/1/12 10:09

• dor88keys

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/12

hi,

i am new to xoops. installation seemed to go well, untill one of the final stages, where i get this messege:

"problem connecting to database server".

would anyone know what to check ? what part of my MySQL configuration might be the problem ?

id truly appreciate your help,

dor88keys.

jdseymour
Re: problem connecting to MySQL during xoops installation

In the first parts of installation it asks for database name, database username, and database password.

Check all these entries and try again.

One thing that tripped me up to begin with, my database name is in this format: username_databaseprefix

And remember even if MySQL is on a shared server at your hosting company, the database hostname still prabably is "localhost".
HTH

dor88keys
  • 2005/1/12 20:46

• dor88keys

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/12

thanx for you quick reply.

the database name is "mysql". the user is "root" and the password is checked. what did you mean by the format "username_databaseprefix" ?

also, i didnt open any MySQL document for my new XOOPS setup. as far as i understand, the XOOPS wizard should do this for me.

ill appreciate it if you have any further hints for me,

all the best,

dor88keys.

jdseymour

OK, let me see if I can explain this better. And I did make a mistake here.

By default the database prefix is xoops. In your exampla of the database name being "MySQL" and the user being "root" (which btw is not recommended, you should always make a user with full privileges and not use root). In the section of the installation that ask for "Database Name" would be "username_databasename" or "root_MySQL".

I had problems with install on my host until I changed the database name to this format.

HTH. And sorry for the confusion.

Login

Who's Online

332 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 332

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits