irmtfan
selectable modules in recent comments block
  • 2005/1/11 8:33

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

i have big problem with too many comments in xcgal module with about 10 comments per hour. but all other modules totally have 10 comments per day therefore comments in these modules track very soon and users cant see them.
so is there any way or hack to choose some modules in the recent comments block to show only their comments?

LazyBadger
Re: selectable modules in recent comments block

I can suggest slightly different idea - using module BopComment
It has one block, which track different activities on site and - pluggable architecture, with witc you can monitor only needed modules (default set is System, News, Forum, Polls)
You can see BopComments in action on modules.xoops2.ru (front page and module's page)

irmtfan
  • 2005/1/11 11:37

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

thanks for recommendation of this module.
i try it tonight. just 2 questions:
in your site you use one block for each module. first is this possible to have a block for some selected modules and second is this module support all 3rd party modules like xcgal?

LazyBadger

Quote:

i try it tonight.

You can play with it on my site - it's really "Modules Proving Ground" opened to everybody (and safe-testing modules is it's main mission and single reason for creating).
You can register on site and drop me note "Give admin's rights for BopComments", and you'll get it. And play with module as you want - rhere aren't restrictions at all (except ordinary logic)
Quote:

in your site you use one block for each module. first is this possible to have a block for some selected modules and second is this module support all 3rd party modules like xcgal?

Block per module is my choice in module's config, it can be one mix for all also.
All modules are plugins-driven, thus - it's possible to wtite module for (I hope) any module.
I don't know other plugins yet, and know nothing about writing plugins (and module's APIs), but I'm in process of thinking about writing to author (unfortunately - from Japan)

Login

Who's Online

490 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 490

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits