domineaux
Newbb2 vs PhPBB2 latest verions of each
  • 2005/1/11 5:46

• domineaux

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/9/29

Since Invision is now Freeware/Payware I'm planning to move to either the XOOPS Newbb2 or PHPBB2.

I realize:

BBPIxel makes a module for PHPBB, but currently it's not using the latest PHPBB. Koudanshi does a good job, but it is a tough task keeping up with all the changes the original developer makes.

Newbb2 is designed around XOOPS core newbb, which definitely has the compatability thing well done. I've not tried it, because I haven't worked a site that needed a boards for some time. I'd be interested to read some insights on the management of the Newbb2 boards, as compared to the Invision/PHPBB boards.

The latest version of PHPBB 2+ is well supported and competent for boards. I know it would be a standalone requiring a multiple login, but updates from PHPBB could definitely be applied quickly. The database would be additional, but I'm thinking it might be best to get out of the loop with third party mod builders. THat is, especially when you want to keep the boards secure and up to date.

I'm asking for some thoughts or comments on these boards for use on XOOPS sites.

Thanks

Login

Who's Online

197 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 197

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits