rcjohnson
xhelp mail: what is the "mailbox" supposed to be?
  • 2005/1/11 1:01

• rcjohnson

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/7/23

I'm having problems with xhelp .07 running a search on the mailboxes.

I think it may be due to not entering the right information when I search for mails to add.

First, I've got my cron job set as:
/usr/bin/wget -/dev/null -/dev/null -q http://www.mywebsiteurl/xoopsinstallfolder/modules/xhelp/checkemail.php

And I think that is working (according to my hosting tech support dude.

However, when I go to mail events, it shows "no mail events found", so I try "search" for them.

In the "Search Mail Events" screen, Im presented with text boxes for:

Mailbox
Description
Begin Date
End Date

What should I enter for the "Mailbox" and description? I've tried using the department name, the email address name, and usernames...but no matter what I do, i can not get any emails to show up with the search.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ryan

ejuden01
Re: xhelp mail: what is the "mailbox" supposed to be?
  • 2005/1/25 16:53

• ejuden01

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/4/5 1

Hey rcjohnson, I think I told you this on the dev site already, but I will go ahead a write again. That is a good thing that there are no mail events. We are only logging errors as of the latest release.

The text for mailbox would be the email address for the department you are checking. Say you are in the department details for the Programming department. The mailbox would be set by you, but for example, maybe it would be programming@yoursite.com.

Description could be a wide variety of things. Maybe the email address of the sender, what type of error, or maybe even a filename. Any more questions? Let me know.

Login

Who's Online

167 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 167

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits