jporpilla
Protecting a page
  • 2005/1/10 10:08

• jporpilla

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/10

I am new into PHP and new to XOOPS, I had created a simple link on my website, how can I protect the link page from viewing by others?

Herko
Re: Error on XOOPS!
  • 2005/1/10 10:12

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

How's this an error?

Quote:
I am new into PHP and new to XOOPS, I had created a simple link on my website, how can I protect the link page from viewing by others?

Please elaborate: where did you create the link, and what does it point to? Which modules did you use for this?

Since you're new to XOOPS, I suggest you take a look at the Visual Introduction to XOOPS and XOOPS Operation Guide. They contain a lot of information relevant and important for your first steps into the world of XOOPSing

smdcom

Error on XOOPS? Why you write a title that totally different from your question?

Anyway, i can;t understand what you're trying to ask. Elobrate more..

irmtfan
  • 2005/1/10 10:36

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

welcome to XOOPS jporpilla ,
then it seems you put a custom link in a custom block or something like this and now want to show it for specific groups.
for this case its really beter for you to use a module that create custom blocks and custom links. for example you can use multimenu 1.5 ( search in forum about this module)
btw as smdcom said in the next time choose a better "title" for your topic.

jporpilla
  • 2005/1/10 13:32

• jporpilla

• Just popping in

I had clone a template and added a link on the Main Menu named "jp". "jp" can only be seen by anonymous and registered user.When an administrator had logged in, the link "jp" is now changed into "jp admin" and is accessible only for administrator.

Now the problem goes here if suddenly an intelligent person has typed-in the link of the "jp admin" in the firefox or internet explorer address bar they can edit all the admin panel what I like to know is how to protect it from those intelligent users from typing into the Address bar, for example upon they typed the URL it will show the message "You don't have permission to view this page, Pls logon as admin in the XOOPS site to view this page".

I hope you can help me here.

jporpilla
Re: on XOOPS!
  • 2005/1/28 6:24

• jporpilla

• Just popping in

<{if !$xoops_isadmin}>
<a class="menuMain" href="http://localhost/testA">Test A </a>
<{/if}>
<{if $xoops_isadmin}>
<a class="menuMain" href="testA">testA Admin Panel</a>
<{/if}>

I had a problem I create groups called Group1 & Group2 and 2 links on my menu which are "Group1 Admin Panel & Group2 Admin Panel, how can Group1 access only the page
"Group1 Admin Panel " & Group2 can access only "Group2 Admin Panel" ?

I had already encountered this same problem with jpco_12212
on the forum...
Anyone can help me?

jdseymour

AFAIK if the user is not admin, which is what your script checks for, even if the link is typed in the browser exactly the non administrator user will get a You Are Not Authorized page. So the page is protected as long as you don't make the user Admin. In order for a non administrator user to access the page they will need the site admin username and password.

DonXoop

Is the intended page a non XOOPS page? If it is then it is possible to get in if the correct URL is guessed. The script won't pass through the XOOPS permissions if it can run by itself. You'll either need to wrap the page in XOOPS or protect it another way.

Login

Who's Online

147 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 147

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits