musicman2059
Migrating into Xoops

I currently have a website running without the use of a content manager, but recently I've been wanting to use XOOPS to help with managing it, because of the lack of time I have. How would I be able to take this site and migrate it into Xoops?

jdseymour
Re: Migrating into Xoops

Hopefully someone else will have a better way. But it looks to me like you first need to find the modules that you want to display your content. Then unfortunately, a lot of copy and pasting.

But, once you get past the original import problems, life will be easy as adding content and letting XOOPS do the formatting work.

BTW, welcome to Xoops.

blackhawk1
Re: Migrating into Xoops
  • 2005/1/8 2:46

• blackhawk1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/29

Hey Musicman,

I too am in your situation. Unfortunately I am still trying to find the best way to display and format my xoops. And as mentioned before I too have a lot of copying and pasting to do. However, you mentioned that you do not currently use a cms. This either means that you are using static html pages or have decided to save then as either asp or php. If they do end up being html there is a module that will allow you to import html pages to be displayed inside of the main content area of xoops. I am currently in the process of starting this. Just give me a shout if you want to know the name of the module and you shall have.
PS as mentioned before, Welcome to Xoops. Youll love it

Login

Who's Online

226 user(s) are online (160 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 226

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits