Choo_Choo
Two questions possibly already answered, but cant find them.
  • 2005/1/6 21:55

• Choo_Choo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/4 5

Hello. I am a new user of xoops, and I hope to be a long term user. If anyone can either point me to the direction of my answers, or possibly answer them, that would be excellent.

1. I can have users keep their user information in a cookie on their computer for a year. That is not my question. I would like to know, if they can have their username AND password saved. Can someone tell me how this can be done? Basically, instead of JUST the username being saved, the password being saved as well.

2. I have some pages that I would like to add to the XOOPS area, however it seems only modules are able to be viewed from the page. How then, can I make pages that I create viewable? (Or is there a module already out there that allows me to add pages without a bunch of bells and wistles that are in the added content module) I just want something very simple that I can use to have players view HTML pages that I create.

Any help would be most curtious.

A side note:

Thank you all for such a great portal system. I have used other portals, including paying for them, and I have come to a conclusion. Beyond the shadow of a doubt, XOOPS is quite deffinately the best PHP portal out there. Expressly for its user friendly GUI.

ladon
Re: Two questions possibly already answered, but cant find them.
  • 2005/1/6 22:26

• ladon

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/10/31

1. do you mean that you want your user to be able to be logged in automaticly by use of a cookie? if yes, you can use GiJOE's auto login hack. look here

2. modules like freecontent should do the trick, not to many wistles and bells, but there are many modules that can wrap your content in your website. look at this category in the module repository: content management

Choo_Choo
  • 2005/1/7 0:05

• Choo_Choo

• Just popping in

The auto login works fine. Thanks for the help. That will do just great!

The module repository doesnt have anything in it that I can get to work properly with 2.0.9.2. Tiny Content I have used before, on 2.0.7 however it was just a bit too much. All I want, is to upload my HTML files, and have them viewable by clicking a link directly to them from the module links on the page. (IE: forums, News, Polls etc..)

If anyone could help me achieve this, I would be very grateful.

(btw, c-html (module) had NO documentation with it, and appears to be controlled chaos.)

** Edited because I suck at spelling. Though I am sure there are other typographical errors within my post.

Cheeze
  • 2005/1/7 2:38

• Cheeze

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/16

I guess you want to create static content Web pages?

You can look in the FAQ section. There is a detailed explanation on how you can do it. I, too, wanted to do something like what you want to do now but also found that the modules provided too much redundant functionalities.

However, there is one which doesn't provide too many bells and whistles - WF Channel. There isn't much support for this module but it works fine. Get the 1.06 version. The earlier version isn't as good. You can get it from www.wf-projects.com

ALternatively, you can do it manually as described in the FAQ.

Choo_Choo
  • 2005/1/14 18:49

• Choo_Choo

• Just popping in

WF-Channel worked. It's still now what I wanted, but I can hack it from here. Thanks a bunch.

Login

Who's Online

145 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 145

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits