tedsmith
NewBB2 Errors
  • 2005/1/4 16:16

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

1) On my internal Intranet site at work, when users are browsing the forums it says 'Browsing This Thread -1 Anonymous Users' instead of the user names (they are logged in). ANy ideas why?

2) When I installed NewBB2, I made a bit of a boo boo because I tried to run the script before I updated the module in Sys Admin (just forgot). I then remembered, so went and updated the module in Sys Admin, and then ran the update script again. It has worked and the module is installed and works OK, but the very first step of the update (where it lists some database tables with green or red colours) was all in red saying it had failed to create a list of 5 values (for which I did not make a note - sorry!). Could this be causing the problem above? Will it cause other problems? Is there a way I can correct whatever values are missing in the database now?

The script I ran was NewBB1_to_NewBB2.php
to upgrade from NewBB1 to NewBB2.

Thanks

Anonymous
Re: NewBB2 Errors
  • 2005/1/4 17:18

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:

tedsmith wrote:
1) On my internal Intranet site at work, when users are browsing the forums it says 'Browsing This Thread -1 Anonymous Users' instead of the user names (they are logged in). ANy ideas why?

the table bb_online has changed so please check if the table looks like this below, if drop the contents not the table, after this it must work

CREATE TABLE `bb_online` (
  `
online_forumint(10NOT NULL default '0',
  `
online_topicint(10NOT NULL default '0',
  `
online_uidint(10) default NULL,
  `
online_unamevarchar(255) default NULL,
  `
online_ipvarchar(32) default NULL,
  `
online_updatedint(14) default NULL
TYPE=MyISAM COMMENT='whoisonline';

Quote:

2) When I installed NewBB2, I made a bit of a boo boo because I tried to run the script before I updated the module in Sys Admin (just forgot). I then remembered, so went and updated the module in Sys Admin, and then ran the update script again. It has worked and the module is installed and works OK, but the very first step of the update (where it lists some database tables with green or red colours) was all in red saying it had failed to create a list of 5 values (for which I did not make a note - sorry!). Could this be causing the problem above? Will it cause other problems? Is there a way I can correct whatever values are missing in the database now?

The script I ran was NewBB1_to_NewBB2.php
to upgrade from NewBB1 to NewBB2.

Thanks

Well the updaters where fast and easy coded so if you run them more then once you got mostly red lights, but this means most parts are exist, i didn´t had the time to make a better error message class for the updaters.

tedsmith
  • 2005/1/4 18:55

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

Thanks Preds I will have a look when I get back to work tomorrow.

tedsmith
  • 2005/1/5 10:45

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

Sorry Predz - I do not quite understand what you mean. I have accessed my XOOPS database using phpMyAdmin and navigated to the table you refer to. I'm looking at it and do not recognise what you wrote above or what I need to do.

The values are as follows :
Field          Type         Null   Default 

online_forum   int(10)       No        0
online_uid     int
(10)      Yes      Null
online_uname   varchar
(255Yes      Null
online_ip      varchar
(32)  Yes      Null
online_updated int
(14)      Yes      Null

There is no line like this :

online_topic` int(10) NOT NULL default '0'

Do I need to add that line using phpMyAdmin (where is says 'Add Field')? Do I need to 'empty' the table itself? You say "drop the content, not the table". Do you mean use the 'empty' button to flush the table to remove the content?

Thanks

Anonymous
  • 2005/1/5 11:51

• Anonymous

• Since:

OK you got the "old" structure:

use your myphpadmin and drop this table, use SQL and create this table:

CREATE TABLE `bb_online` (
  `
online_forumint(10NOT NULL default '0',
  `
online_topicint(10NOT NULL default '0',
  `
online_uidint(10) default NULL,
  `
online_unamevarchar(255) default NULL,
  `
online_ipvarchar(32) default NULL,
  `
online_updatedint(14) default NULL
TYPE=MyISAM COMMENT='whoisonline';

remember to add your prefix before bb_online. Thats it.

tedsmith
  • 2005/1/5 12:54

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

Thanks Predz. That has worked!

What I did was open the table in phpMyAdmin, and rather than dropping the whole table and re-creating it, I just inserted the line :

`online_topicint(10NOT NULL default '0',

between online_forum and online_uid.

Went and visited my forum and it works. Thanks a lot - as usual, you have been helpful to the full!

Ted

Login

Who's Online

204 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 204

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits