JMorris
Teplate Set Corrupted > 2.0.7.3
  • 2005/1/2 16:00

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

After cloning the default template set and making the desired changes to just one template (system_siteclosed.html), I discovered that certain default modules (NewBB, News, and Polls) quit working. The XOOPS header,footer, and L/R blocks were there, but there was no center content I checked the template set and the content template files were missing for those modules (the L/R block files were there). When I tried to generate the missing files I was given an error that the files could not be found. I then checked the default template set and the files were missing there as well. Everything worked perfectly prior to cloning the default template set.

Fortunately, I was able to rebuild the templates through System Admin > Modules > Actions Column > Update. Then, I cloned the template set again and everything worked perfectly. Simple enough to fix, but quite anoying.

I've seen this once before on a site I was working on for someone else (also v2.0.7.3), but I chalked it up to some hack they had done on the default template set. Since their site seemed to work just fine, I didn't give it much thought.

Any thoughts on what could cause this?

Notes:
Permissions are correct
Settings are correct
Only XOOPS Default modules affected

Thanks,

James

chrometuna
Re: Teplate Set Corrupted > 2.0.7.3

A very similar thing happened to me this afternoon.

I cloned the templates so I could play with them, I noticed that the cloned set did not have all of the template files, so I told it to "generate files", I got a message saying something like "Generating files..." and it just hung there like that.
Then I noticed that my site was "scrambled", it looks like everything is there, just all out of whack, with some blocks/modules pushed to the bottom or side.

I tried updating things, but that has not helped.

I am using the latest XOOPS version. Maybe this is a bug?

I am going to try to re-upload the original template set and see what happens.

Cheers
ct

Login

Who's Online

223 user(s) are online (162 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 223

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits