cydud3
Migrate coppermine to xcgallery
  • 2005/1/3 8:56

• cydud3

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/10

I have a standalone coppermine gallery that already has hundreds of images in several albums. I was wondering whether there is a process around that can automatically migrate my current coppermine albums to xcgallery. Recreating the albums in xcgallery would take a very long time due to the number of images not to mention upload times.

yngvestein
Re: Migrate coppermine to xcgallery
  • 2006/4/29 8:14

• yngvestein

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/27

Was kind'a wondering about the same myself. Have about 400photos in coppermine. So that would take pretty long time too... But im looking into it. See if I can fix it.

Btw: Anybody know if there are support for xp publish in xcgal? Just let me know....

Thanks

jensclas
Re: Migrate coppermine to xcgallery

I don't know of an 'easy' way to 'migrate'- perhaps those with more know how on databse may have that...

But

XCgallery does allow for the management of mutliple images. It is quick and easy with ftp to create image folders labelled by album name.

First create the albums in xcgallery.
Then use Ftp to create image storage folders (I used the same names as album names)in the images section of your xcgallery module.
Then ftp the photos to those folders.
Finally within the xcgallery module you can install the photos to the albums.

Unfortunately you then will need to go through each one to add comments etc if you want as you can 'edit' each album and photo with comments and details.

I don't have quite 400 images but my gallery is extensive. jens Classroom
HTH

One day i will have to do a tutorial on this module!

Login

Who's Online

139 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 139

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits