tedsmith
Identifiying Xoops Version plus blocks and NewBB issues with 2.0.9.2
  • 2005/1/1 16:12

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

A stupid question I know, but...

I have just upgraded from 2.0.7 (I think but it may have been 2.0.73) to 2.0.9.2, and I've also installed Protector for additional security. But in my system admin is says 'Powered by XOOPS 2.0.9' and before it said 'Powered by XOOPS 2.0.7'. Are the 4th digits always left off because I think I used to have 2.0.7.3 but it said 2.0.7 and missed off the 3. If so, is there any way of telling the exact version you are using apart from writing it down somewhere?

Also, when 2.0.9 was released there was a warning about not updating NewBB2 files. But then 2.0.9.2 came out it did not mention that. So I copied the files that were in the modules\newbb folder to my NewBB folder and my forums stopped working, so I had to overwrite it with my backup. It now works and everything is OK but are we still to hang on for the NewBB updates?

Lastly, I keep trying to edit and save my custom blocks as suggested in the news bulletin. A couple have successfully updated after 2 or 3 attempts, but others refuse to change - it keeps saying 'Unable to update blockID=X'. Is there a way round this? Will it cause me problems for new custom blocks that I may create?

Thanks

Ted

DonXoop
Re: Identifiying Xoops Version plus blocks and NewBB issues with 2.0.9.2

It sounds like you didn't get it up 2.0.9.2 which I believe should be displayed in full in the Admin section. You might try uploading again and make sure that the files get overwritten. Then Update the System module and run around repairing the blocks again.

If using a custom template you might have to get them updated too. It is a pain but could be an issue.

Yep, don't use the upgrade on newbb2, only the official core modules.

After updating the blocks all seemed well for me. The 'Unable to update blockID=X' is I believe a cacheing message if you have set a cache time on the blocks. I could be wrong but that suggests that you really don't have 2.0.9.2. That message I've always assumed was an unimportant bug and went away after the latest upgrade. The settings should be updated but the message refers to the cache (I think).

tedsmith
Re: Identifiying Xoops Version plus blocks and NewBB issues with 2.0.9.2
  • 2005/1/1 17:10

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

Yep - that was it - like a baffoon I had only actually installed the 2.0.7 to 2.0.9 upgrade instead of the 2.0.7 to 2.0.9.2 upgrade. It all works sweet now and all my blocks are updatable and my footer shows 2.0.9.2. Hooray. Thanks mate.

Login

Who's Online

479 user(s) are online (51 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 479

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits