kuplo
Is there a problem with updating themes?
  • 2004/12/25 5:49

• kuplo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/24

I updated a themes html files in the themes directory, then I wento the admin panel and chose system:preferences:general

My update templates radio box is checked to yes, I press the submit button at the bottom, and it still is not updating the templates in the templates_c directory.

Im quite frustrated, so maybe someone can help, because I must not be doing it right if nobody else is mentioning it.

Thanks,

kuplo
Re: Is there a problem with updating themes?
  • 2004/12/25 6:16

• kuplo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/24

Okay I figured it out finally (but I have to say it was quite frustrating), for anyone that may come along that seems to have this problem. After making any changes to your templates of a module, then you have to go to the system administration choose modules then choose the module to which you made changes to it's templates then click the update icon.

I'll be quite honest with you folks. I like Xoops, it seems like a very powerfull site system, but the way that it works leaves a lot to be desired. For the people that have been using it for a long time and know it in and out, well....... But for the newbs like myself, it seems very unintuitive, and often leaves me feeling like you have to:

Do step 1 first
Then step 7
Then step 3
Then step 8
Then step 2
Then step 6

etc. etc. etc. Very little seems to have any dicisive order to it.

Oh well, I guess Im going back to bumbling my way though setting this up to my liking.

talunceford
Re: Is there a problem with updating themes?

The way that I found out that you get the easiest results to when you make changes to your templates, is edit the templates in the template editor. Copy the code from the template editor to an outside editor such as dreamweaver, make the changes, paste it back into the template editor, and then submit the changes. You don't have to update the module each time you make changes. Just edit each individual template, in the template editor.

Login

Who's Online

311 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 311

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits