EdStacey
Notification by email of Posts
  • 2004/12/23 13:09

• EdStacey

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/9

Santa,
Please bring me this present I need so badly - If it is already here, eat the cookies and drink the milk.. thank you.

When I receive an email of Notification of New Posts in a Thread its only links and an invite to visit the site where the posts are.. Thats nice, but wouldn't it be much nicer if:

The post itself was sent and a message saying, "You asked us to send this to you, if you don't want any more.. click here.. if you want to reply to the post... click here.
That last "click here" would bring you to the message board and.. (here comes another Christmas wish)... provide you with a logon prompt instead of the, "you can't see this message unless you logon" as it does now..

The notification is already being sent, why can't it contain the text of the post? - A link inviting you to visit a message forum should, could work just like the registration verification message (ie... validate a known user because it was a known user who asked to be notified)

Ok, please wrap all this up in pretty paper and dash it out the door, Christmas is approaching...

Click here to ignore the last of the message.

coopersita
Re: Notification by email of Posts

Perhaps you can hack the notification script to do what you want.

Go to the forum module and look for the message. I can't find it for you now (I'm on holiday in someone else's computer), but if I remember correctly it should be in the language folder (there should be a mail folder in there somewhere).

Hope this helps you get started. Maybe someone else can be more detailed.

Login

Who's Online

197 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 197

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits