chetvictor
xc gallery setup
  • 2004/12/22 17:37

• chetvictor

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/21

1. How do i make it so the IP address only viewable to admin in the pic info box?
2. How do i separate categories in the drop down menu for each i.e. Main Category is Photography sub cat. Would be people, nature etc
It currently shows just a list like so
Nature
People
Etc,
Etc,

I would like to separate it i.e.
Photography
Etc.
Etc.
Etc.
Art Work
Etc.
Etc.
Etc.
Desk top Wallpaper
Etc.
Etc.
Etc.

Any thoughts or ideas on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Chet

jensclas
Re: xc gallery setup

Quote:

chetvictor wrote:
1. How do i make it so the IP address only viewable to admin in the pic info box?
2. How do i separate categories in the drop down menu for each i.e. Main Category is Photography sub cat. Would be people, nature etc
It currently shows just a list like so
Nature
People
Etc,
Etc,

I would like to separate it i.e.
Photography
Etc.
Etc.
Etc.
Art Work
Etc.
Etc.
Etc.
Desk top Wallpaper
Etc.
Etc.
Etc.

Any thoughts or ideas on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Chet

Hi Chet

First go to your XOOPS admin and click on 'categories' in your xcgal module.

The default category is no category. Create a new category called 'photographs'. type in the name and description and click create/modify. Repeat this for all the main categories you want. You can then create sub categories in the main categories from this screen. Select the parent category first. You will see from this screen shot you can also play with the order etc.
Resized Image

Go to your website, login in and click on xcgallery. You will get a page that shows all your album categories and sub categories - and the number of albums inside so your album tree can go deep.

here's mine:

Resized Image

Notice i have for example 4 category headings under The Black Swan Decorative Art Studio and in each of these there is a varying number of albums.

To add the actual albums - go to your website.com, login and click on xcgallery. Click on create/modify albums at the top of this box. You see this album manager screen:
Resized Image

Select the category you wish to create an album for. ...click 'new'at the bottom.

Resized ImageType the name of the album(photographs etc) in the box below. It will replace the 'new category' text in the center.
Click apply modifications. Repeat the process to create as many albums as you want.

Hope this helps!

chetvictor
  • 2004/12/23 0:41

• chetvictor

• Just popping in

I have tried this but what it does is mark it as a user gallery and i dont want private galleries they will all be public and if i set it up that way it does not brek the difference in the image upload menu

Thanks
Chet

jensclas

I am not sure what you mean - mine are all public and the only one who can upload and or edit is me...yes they are my private gallery albums- but it is all viewable to the public....These are all set in permissions area...I think? I am not confident enough I can help you further - but will watch the thread...I might learn something! Cheers

chetvictor
  • 2004/12/23 12:27

• chetvictor

• Just popping in

Thanks for the help anyhow. But yes Mine are all going to be public upload galleries and the only way i can do it is like you say but then it shows as a private gallery for me and that’s not what i need..lol I will post here if i find or get an answer..

Take care
Chet

Login

Who's Online

486 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 486

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits