wammes
Re: Homepage (personal editable page) for each user or user group
  • 2004/12/21 16:18

• wammes

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/1/3 1

Well,

there exists a classroom module created by Mithrandir. It allows teachers to create their own classrooms. It's a very specific module, but I think it is written in a very well thought code.
I'm experimenting with this module to modify it to suit my needs. I also need a kind of user-webpages. I need to give a group of users (apart from the xoops-usersgroup) the right to create and modify pages in a certain categorie.
This is practically the same as your families pages.
Maybe you can take a look at the classroom module. Perhaps it suits your needs by modifying the language files.

Wheeler
  • 2004/12/21 16:34

• Wheeler

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/10/29

Thanks for the information. I will check them out. I always over looked these modules because of the names, but they may function the way I want.

intel352
  • 2004/12/21 16:44

• intel352

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/11/23

i do remember that when i started the user pages project, mith messaged me with the suggestion that his classroom module might suffice as a base. so that might very likely meet your needs

Wheeler
  • 2004/12/21 16:51

• Wheeler

• Not too shy to talk

ps. wammes, please keep us posted on the progress of your modifications with this module.

tzvook
  • 2004/12/21 19:19

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/2/1 2

all ...

I think your'e right, I installed the classroom module when Mith just released it, and 4got that he said it might feet my needs, though my case is a bit demanding (I have a classic community project for a small vilage in which I need to make hompages for each family) so this module might have a heavy load.

Now when I think of it, the classroom module has a lot (too many) sub levels : schools / departments / teacher / classes ...
Since I'm grounded to Home (my 3rd child was born 2 days ago) I'm not near my dev servers and writing it from memory...

bd_csmc - let me know if you're gonna work on it, so I'll stop looking (might help with ideas or code if you need them) .

phuongtroi
  • 2005/1/1 11:35

• phuongtroi

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/1 1

Quote:

ackbarr wrote:
There is also a project that was just started at dev.xoops.org, called xUserHomePages - xuhp for short.

http://dev.xoops.org/modules/xfmod/project/?xuhp

It is very early in development, but since you are interested in such a module, I recommend heading over there and describing the features you want.

how am i able to download this module? help please. thanks.

Wheeler
  • 2005/1/2 18:45

• Wheeler

• Not too shy to talk

phuongtroi
Quote:
how am i able to download this module? help please. thanks.

You can't download the module because there are no files released. Although, I am working on my own version of a user profiles module. There is a bit more work to do and then I will release it for testing and feedback. To date, the progress is looking promissing.

bd_csmc, if you have the time, I may need your help on a few bits and pieces. I will contribute all my work to your dev project xUserHomePages - xuhp.

Let me know! Thanks.

itachi86
  • 2005/1/3 0:59

• itachi86

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/31

I didnt want to start another topic because my request is pretty much this request. But I was wondering if this module that you are making could have features like they do on www.myspace.com. People can like, add comments and stuff, just check out the site and look at someones page to see what its all about.

Wheeler
  • 2005/1/3 5:30

• Wheeler

• Not too shy to talk

Ummm, sorry bd_csmc,
Quote:
xUserHomePages is a port of the UHP module for Mambo, to the Xoops2 CMS.

Maybe my question should be forwarded to Mithrandir since I am hacking his module.

itachi86,
Quote:
I was wondering if this module that you are making could have features like they do on www.myspace.com. People can like, add comments and stuff, just check out the site and look at someones page to see what its all about.

I checked out the site and the user profile pages look really similar to this module. With some help I think this could be done.

If I could get the module using the system comments it could be used as a guestbook or peoples reviews. If anybody could do this let me know.

tzvook
  • 2005/1/3 14:58

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/2/1 2

Hello Wheeler

Quote:

Wheeler wrote:
If I could get the module using the system comments it could be used as a guestbook or peoples reviews. If anybody could do this let me know.

If you mean a sort of guestbook @ the users pages which can be done with the help of the comments system - great idea

Do you need beta testers for it?
Do you have any estimation for the beta release?

Login

Who's Online

175 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 175

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits