rocket98
Block display issues
  • 2004/12/19 8:45

• rocket98

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/2 2

Hi,

I just ran across a problem configuring block display for Anonymous or Registered users. I can't seem to get two different views for anonymous and registered users. Maybe 2am is not when I should be fiddlin' with these settings.

ie., for anonymous users I want right column shut off and then for logged in users I want right column visible with various block content. Any blocks which could be visible for right column log-in users would show up in left column for anonymous users. You get it? Anonymous users have 2 col. display while log-in users has 3 col. display.

Scratching my head here, figure I've gone through the steps a dozen times already but can't get the desired effect.

In Group settings I have nothing checked for anonymous right column then I make the changes to the blocks. I look at the web page and everything is fine... but these same changes affect log-in users as well. So I can't actually change the block settings to the different format display. Column on, Column off.

In Block settings for the Anonymous Group I have right column blocks set to display in left column. I do the opposite in Registered users Block setting yet I'm going in circles.

Any changes I make for one group affects the other.

running 2.0.7.3, theme is modified 7dana.

Any advice would be helpful... no I'm not drinking.

Regards
rocket98

irmtfan
Re: Block display issues
  • 2004/12/19 9:24

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

you cant set blocks of one modules in different situation for anon and registered users because you have only one block in that module.(off course with newbb you can create as many as block you want so you can put them everywhere for each group )
but you can do anything with CUSTOM blocks. for example for show a welcome page with 2 different view for anon and registered users you create 2 custom block and in admin --> groups choose 1 block for anon users and another for registered users.
plz let me know if you want further information

Mithrandir

Just to clarify: The drop-down groups selector in the Blocks administration is a filter it does not CHANGE permissions or set block settings per group.

rocket98
  • 2004/12/19 18:01

• rocket98

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/2 2

Thanks Mithrandir.

Silly me. Maybe this could be something for a wishlist.

Merry Christmas

Best Regards
rocket98

Login

Who's Online

230 user(s) are online (147 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 230

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits