devxtrm
Where can i edit <{$block.lang_lostpass}> and <{$block.lang_registernow}>?
  • 2004/12/19 12:21

• devxtrm

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/9

Hello all,

as the topic states, i've looked in global.php and there are tons of variables there but i just cannot find <{$block.lang_lostpass}> and <{$block.lang_registernow}>. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Many thanks in advance.

wammes
Re: Where can i edit and ?
  • 2004/12/19 12:31

• wammes

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/1/3 1

If you just want to change the text displayes by these variables, you should check out the language files. There you can easily edit the text displayed by these variables. If you want to change the behaviour of the php code of these variables, I guess you should take a look in system_blocks.php in your module/system directory.

good luck :)

Mithrandir

From modules/system/blocks/system_blocks.php:
$block['lang_lostpass'] = _MB_SYSTEM_LPASS;
$block['lang_registernow'] = _MB_SYSTEM_RNOW;

The language constants are assigned to a smarty variable to be used in the template - I *think* this is because earlier Smarty versions (when the block code was written) did not support constants directly from the templates. Anyway, _MB_SYSTEM_LPASS and _MB_SYSTEM_RNOW are the constants to change, they are defined in modules/system/language/[yourlanguage]/blocks.php

devxtrm
  • 2004/12/19 13:30

• devxtrm

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/9

Thanks to both for the prompt reply, i'm sure this will help many other users who want to customise the text to their site! Thanks once again!

Login

Who's Online

130 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 130

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits