CrazyJoe
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object ...
  • 2004/12/17 2:27

• CrazyJoe

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/6/12

Well, I wish I knew where to start.
My site has been working fine ... even just lastnight. 24 hours later and now all I can get is this message ...

Quote:
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /www/kernel/config.php on line 222

Line 222 is as follows :

$ret[$configs[$i]->getVar('conf_name')] = $configs[$i]->getConfValueForOutput();

I've already tried to connect via the user.php and administrator.php directly with no luck ... same error.

I have full FTP access and MySQL access via PHPMyAdmin for my site if that is of any help.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
CrazyJoe

brash
Re: Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object ...
  • 2004/12/17 2:55

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

If you haven't made any core hacks, I would just try uploading the core (minus mainfile.php in your XOOPS root) over the top.

Mitchmon
  • 2004/12/17 20:28

• Mitchmon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/22

This is scary, there seem to be several of these posts today and yesterday.

What do you mean by the core? I'm fearful that I'll lose some hard fought content.

Mitch

cflfans
  • 2004/12/17 23:36

• cflfans

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/29

I have the same problem.
My site has been working for 8 months with no problems even today until about 4 pm eastern time.

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /www/kernel/config.php on line 223
Unknown Condition []: in file line

Whats up with this and how do I fix it?

EmptyMind
  • 2004/12/17 23:46

• EmptyMind

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/17

I can add a bit of information to this thread..

the reason that this error is occuring is due to PHP version upgrades that are being done by hosting companies to the new 4.3.10 version due to major security vulnerabilites that were recently discovered..

Something has changed in the new version that is causing alot of problems with many scripts including this one apparently..

I am an admin myself doing these upgrades on our servers (CFLFan I am your admin BTW).. running around now that scripts are failing trying to help my clients find the upgrades to their scripts that address these errors..

Hopefully the programmers will release updates soon..

cflfans
  • 2004/12/18 0:05

• cflfans

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/29

Very true.
I have a few sites with XOOPS and they are all saying the same thing.

So what do we do? sit and wait?

Thanks for the info EmptyMind
Mark

EmptyMind
  • 2004/12/18 0:27

• EmptyMind

• Just popping in

Unfortunatly.. yes.. the programmers need to fix the cause of the problem.. I dont run this software myself so i dont have any copies that i can hack at to try to get working..

If you want i can play with one of your copies but.. i would need your permission for that.. :)

If you want me to try.. send an email to support acknowledging that you are allowing me to work on it and whcih site to work on.. and i will see what I can do. no promises.. but i can try..

rowdie
  • 2004/12/18 0:35

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

XOOPS is open source - the source code is freely available, there's a link to download it from the front page.

If you are able to help solve the problem the usual procedure is to submit the 'fixed' files as a patch, which the core developers review.

I'm sure the whole community, including the core developers, would appreciate any help you can give.

Rowd

EmptyMind
  • 2004/12/18 0:52

• EmptyMind

• Just popping in

UNfortauntly even the install script is broken.. so..

it is alot of work for me to do a full rewrite of code not knowing exactly how the software works.. i dont even know what the program really does.. :) I will play with it for a bit and see if i can even fix enuf to get thru the install process.. but i doubt it somehow..

I think from reading the changlog in php.. and looking thru some of the affected code.. that the problem lays in the foreach() command that was changed in the new version..

I will let you guys know i fi figure it out.. but i wouldn't hold your breath.. I am an admin.. not a full time programmer.. :)

EmptyMind
  • 2004/12/18 1:04

• EmptyMind

• Just popping in

Well.. i got part of the install fixed..

i changed a line from

foreach ($langarr as $lang) {

to:

foreach ($langarr as $key => $lang) {

and was given the proper list. of languages instead of 'array'

:)

hopefully the rest of the errors will be as simple as changing the affected foreach loops accordingly..

I am on my way home now so I will work on it some more from there..

If an actual programmer is working on this.. let me know so that I can stop.. :)

Login

Who's Online

137 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 137

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits