sferrier
Another newbie piCal question
  • 2004/12/17 3:33

• sferrier

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/17

One more newbie question, hope you don't mind. I was hoping to find a way to modify the 'Coming Events' block in piCal such that it would only display events from a certain category. I thought to myself, "Self, you probably just need to modify the SQL query in the block, silly". Alas, I found this to be more complicated that I had hoped - there was no SQL query to be found in the block code. Could someone set me straight?

Thanks again,
Shawn.

Rhomal
Re: Another newbie piCal question
  • 2004/12/17 4:29

• Rhomal

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/10/5

A added question about pical.. if I wanted to change the color of the text in the minical block where do i do that?

TYIA

sferrier
  • 2004/12/17 6:33

• sferrier

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/17

Quote:

Rhomal wrote:
A added question about pical.. if I wanted to change the color of the text in the minical block where do i do that?

TYIA

Are you asking if you can control the color of the text of the minical independently of the main calendar? If you want to change both simultaneously, from the Admin page, go to piCal/General Settings of piCal and edit the 'Color of header part of calendar' and 'Bgcolor of header part of calendar' values.

If you wanted to change them seperately, the option is not provided natively. While I'm not an expert by any means, I'm guessing you would have to edit the minical template (.\piCal\images\default\minical_for_monthly.tmpl.html) and/or style sheet (.\piCal\images\default\style.css).

Cheers,
Shawn.

dheltzel
  • 2004/12/17 12:37

• dheltzel

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/1/8 1

Quote:

sferrier wrote:
One more newbie question, hope you don't mind. I was hoping to find a way to modify the 'Coming Events' block in piCal such that it would only display events from a certain category. I thought to myself, "Self, you probably just need to modify the SQL query in the block, silly". Alas, I found this to be more complicated that I had hoped - there was no SQL query to be found in the block code. Could someone set me straight?

Thanks again,
Shawn.

I wanted the same thing, but I was using Agenda-X at the time, so I hacked that to get the category filter for events. You are welcome to grab my latest code (it's a full verison of Agenda-X with my changes) here.
Even if you still want to use piCal, you can "steal" my changes and port them if you want.

Dennis

Login

Who's Online

246 user(s) are online (181 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 246

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits