Anonymous
permission for permission !
  • 2004/12/14 19:10

• Anonymous

• Since:

Hello,
How i can give permission for user ( module admin. ) to add user and right access, i means he can add user in onew module ( eg. downloads ) so this added user can access only to download module, and module admin can't see to another modules groups and right access ?
Is this possible in XOOPS ?

jdseymour
Re: permission for permission !

I am not sure. I know that you can add a group to add permissions to registered users. But that group will have all the permissions of the registered user group plus the extra permissions assigned to the new group.

Not sure myself how to reduce those permissions, without possibly adding the user to the anonymous group then adding a permission or two.

Sorry I couldn't help more.

Anonymous
  • 2004/12/15 11:12

• Anonymous

• Since:

Hi jdseymour,
Thank you for ur reply..
My project is intranet syste for a company have many departments, so they want DMS module for each department with admin user that can add users to his module and have no permissions to another modules.

I'm thinking now to install XOOPS portal for each department, but i need single cpanel for main admin.

limecity
  • 2004/12/16 6:37

• limecity

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/7/6 0

After a long hard thinking.
I think thats the limit of XOOPS so far.
as mention by jdseymour.

You are only able to control the groups and their access. They need to be registered users as well.

Not sure what you are trying to achieve.

But you can be the master controller of a single XOOPS site in the intranet. Create several groups to represent those department.

Group 1-Department A
Group 2-Department B
Group 3-Department C

Maybe you could clone the DMS module or Download module?
Clone 3 of them and install them. That way you can give or block the access of different departments.

Anonymous
  • 2004/12/16 7:20

• Anonymous

• Since:

I think creating new template for groups page with non-builtin groups (webmster-reg.user-anon) will solve it.
so each admin. can access to his group page not to main group page, also same thing for "add user" page.
I konw what i want but how do it

Login

Who's Online

252 user(s) are online (43 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 252

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits