Tresend
Can't post in Newbb
  • 2004/12/12 21:32

• Tresend

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/15

there's something horribly wrong with my newbb. When I submit a post, I get the following error message:

Quote:
Insert post error:INSERT INTO tech_bb_posts ( post_id, pid, topic_id, forum_id, post_time, uid, poster_ip, poster_name, subject, dohtml, dosmiley, doxcode, doimage, dobr, icon, attachsig, attachment, approved, post_karma, require_reply) VALUES (0, 0, 5, 4, 1102887992, 1, -670076076, '', 'test', 0, 1, 1, 1, 1, '', 0, '', 1, 0, 0)

above my website. Then in the content area of the site, "Could not insert forum post" with a pink background is displayed.

I have no idea what is going on. Please help!

Beejay
Re: Can
  • 2004/12/12 23:45

• Beejay

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/6/5 2

I had the pink box displayed once and it was caused by my firewall. Don't know if this is what your problem is as I didn't get the message up the top

Tresend
  • 2004/12/13 1:41

• Tresend

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/15

No, it's not a firewall issue. other visitors are having the same problem. No one can post.

poiinthepark

They may be some people reading these forums who have been able to log into "YOURSITE", but who can't seem to post anything. Until yesterday, I saw "Could not insert forum post" or "Errors: None" when I tried to post, so I'm sharing the solution I found to it.

If you've been getting the same error messages, it's likely you're behind a firewall which blocks the HTTP_referrer. I use Norton and I didn't know that it does this by default, which basically means that it won't let the rest of "YOURSITE" remember that you've already been to log in.

In Norton, you can correct it by going to the following:

> Norton Internet Security
> Options
> Web content (tab)
> Add Site (http://www."YOURSITE".net)

You'll probably see that each of the Global Settings is permitted, except for "Information about visited sites". So set that button to "permit" and click OK.

As long as your other settings are correct, you should then be able to post. If anyone has had similar problems behind another brand of firewall, it may be useful to others if you post your solution here :)

Login

Who's Online

219 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 219

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits