kiwiguy
Moved Domain Names Problems Please help!!
  • 2004/12/12 15:30

• kiwiguy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/4/19

I have just finished moving my site from one domain name to another and i have come up with some php errors which are listed below.

Quote:
Warning: main(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/*****/insanityrocks/public_html/include/common.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/insanity:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/*****/public_html/mainfile.php on line 73

Warning: main(/home/*****/insanityrocks/public_html/include/common.php): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /home/*****/public_html/mainfile.php on line 73

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/home/*****/insanityrocks/public_html/include/common.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/******/public_html/mainfile.php on line 73

Warning: main(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/*****/insanityrocks/public_html/class/xoopsblock.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/insanity:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/******/public_html/header.php on line 28

Warning: main(/home/******/insanityrocks/public_html/class/xoopsblock.php): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /home/******/public_html/header.php on line 28

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/home/*****/insanityrocks/public_html/class/xoopsblock.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/*****/public_html/header.php on line 28

Warning: main(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/*****/insanityrocks/public_html/class/template.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/insanity:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/******/public_html/header.php on line 62

Warning: main(/home/*****/insanityrocks/public_html/class/template.php): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /home/******/public_html/header.php on line 62

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/home/*****/insanityrocks/public_html/class/template.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/******/public_html/header.php on line 62

I changed the mainfiled XOOPS root paths to the following

Quote:
// XOOPS Physical Path
// Physical path to your main XOOPS directory WITHOUT trailing slash
define('XOOPS_ROOT_PATH', '/home/*****/insanityrocks/public_html');

// XOOPS Virtual Path (URL)
// Virtual path to your main XOOPS directory WITHOUT trailing slash
define('XOOPS_URL', 'http://www.insanityrocks.com');

The physical path is correct and everything is a perfect ccopy of the original site athttp://www.kiwisworld.com so I am unsure why I am getting all these errors.

The database name and password to my MySQL have been entered into the mainfile correctly. Do I am unsure what to do can anybody help.

kiwiguy

dadoprom
Re: Moved Domain Names Problems Please help!!
  • 2004/12/12 16:18

• dadoprom

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/3/2 1

Could be perhaps some CHMODE issue, or you (or your ftp app) just didn't copy those files. Did you corectly copy your database?

JMorris
  • 2004/12/12 17:12

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

This thread is writen on how to develop your site locally, but the concepts contained in it apply directly to the problems you are having. The process for moving your site to another server is almost identical to working on your site locally.

IMPORTANT: Read through the entire thread and you should find the solution to your problem. Others there had similar problems.

Hope this helps.

JMorris

Freeflier
  • 2004/12/12 19:51

• Freeflier

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/12

This also sounds like it could be a problem with the settings in your vhost. Unless you host your own webserver, you'll probably have to talk to your host to get this changed if it's the problem.

I think it would look like something along the lines of

php_admin_value open_basedir none

and I think you would change it to

php_admin_value open_basedir /

I don't know about the security implications of this though.

--------------------------------
- Blue Skies and Stay Vertical -
--------------------------------

kiwiguy
  • 2004/12/12 23:16

• kiwiguy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/4/19

Well I seemed to have gotten rid of all the php errors and fatal error but now i get this

Quote:
This page cannot be displayed due to an internal error.

If you are the administrator of this site, please visit the XOOPS Troubleshooting Page for assistance.

Error [Xoops]: Unable to connect to database in file class/database/databasefactory.php line 34

All my details are correct for the site to connect to the database so I am not sure why this is happening. Maybe i did not get it right and caused more problems Please help

thanks for the help so far but yet this issue is yet to be resolved

kiwi

Booga
  • 2004/12/12 23:43

• Booga

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/11/29

Kiwi, have you read the thread that JMorris posted??

I think that is your problem, the "URL" in your database isn't matching your domain name.

Check it out, JMorris's post is very good and clear in his explaination.

Login

Who's Online

109 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 109

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits