izzzy
Mistakes during constant desdes the versions previous of Xoops for sending of register confirmation
  • 2004/11/4 17:55

• izzzy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/27

Hello Moderators!

These mistakes are happening desdes the versions previous of XOOPS for sending of register confirmation for e-mail. The users of the XOOPS expect a solution for reshipment of the email of activation of the register, a lot of times he is with his/her full mailbox and the email doesn't arrive, doing with that his/her nick and email are locked. That problem is already old in most of the cm. a small function would be enough being verified the nick this registered and it was activated, in case it is not, the system makes available a botào for new sending of the same.

Hugs,
Izzy

giba
Re: Mistakes during constant desdes the versions previous of Xoops for sending of register confirmat
  • 2004/12/10 14:26

• giba

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/26

Yes,

We are with this problem also in other sites. Somebody has some solution apra this?

Thanks

In portuguese.

Estamos com este problema também em outros sites.
Alguém tem alguma solu??o apra isto. ?

Obrigado

Herko
Re: Mistakes during constant desdes the versions previous of Xoops for sending of register confirmation
  • 2004/12/10 14:42

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

I *suspect* they mean that spamfilters and other mail management tools may block e-mails from being recieved, and thus newly created accounts aren't verified and activated.

I also *suspect* they mean that a simple check after x time and a resending of the activation mail is their solution.

I disagree. It's a possible solution, but one that could be misused and generate unneccesary traffic. What about adding a 'resend activation e-mail' function like the 'lost password' function? This means NO automatic resending, but only on request. Enter your e-mail address, check is made to see if it is in the inactive accounts list, if so, the activation mail is resent. That solution would have my personal preference...

Then again, I may have completely misunderstood...

Herko

izzzy
Re: Mistakes during constant desdes the versions previous of Xoops for sending of register confirmation
  • 2004/12/10 15:04

• izzzy

• Just popping in

Is that problem of the spamfilter of the emails and not of the own xoops?

I still think it is a problem in Xoops.
Could he/she use a SMTP of the own HOST, should he/she have that in preferences in the system, what do find?

giba
Re: Mistakes during constant desdes the versions previous of Xoops for sending of register confirmat
  • 2004/12/10 15:11

• giba

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/26

A good exit for this situation would be to have some block in the administration whom it provided I redispatch to request it from time to time the activation.

After some days was possivel to exactly carry through the exclusion of these users commanded for this block.

Now the problem really exists and happens with a frequency of 20/4

Thanks.

In Portuguese.

Uma boa saída para esta situa??o seria ter algum bloco na administra??o que proporcionasse o reenvio de tempos em tempos para solicitar a ativa??o.

Depois de alguns dias fosse possivel realizar a exclus?o destes usuários comandados por este mesmo bloco.

Agora o problema realmente existe e acontece com uma frequências de 20 / 4

Obrigado.

Herko
  • 2004/12/10 15:21

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

Ok, forgive me but I'm having a hard time figuring out exacly what you're trying to say.

The problem is on the RECIEVING end. We can HELP them make it better, but the XOOPS system already has the PHP mail() and SMTP mail protcols available for sending system generated e-mails.

I still think the solution I provided is better then the use of an automated resending (because there is no bounced mails collection and management in XOOPS this is purely arbitrary too).

Herko

desus
  • 2004/12/10 15:25

• desus

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/12

The XOOPS has the same problem of PHPNUKE and other CMS, makes a long time that I noticed that, I receive at least 20 complaints a month of users that no rescrebem the confirmation email

He takes a look in that link, it can help him/it, but I am sure that that is bug of the XOOPS and sincerramente didn't know to solve. Afimo that why made tests with sniff and we noticed that he doesn't send. Only encotrei that and his/her topic on the problem:https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=19401&forum=14

If it takes into account that only 1% complain, to receive 20 complaints a month it is a lot! Several empresasr that I put XOOPS ended up changing for that same problem

wcrwcr
  • 2004/12/10 15:30

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/12/12

Hi nice community

Herko Coomans wrote:
Quote:
What about adding a 'resend activation e-mail' function like the 'lost password' function? This means NO automatic resending, but only on request. Enter your e-mail address, check is made to see if it is in the inactive accounts list, if so, the activation mail is resent. That solution would have my personal preference...

I agree with him.
That could be a really nice solution.

Herko, could we expect to see this solution implemented on a future version or your comment was only an "invite"?

Thanks

izzzy
  • 2004/12/10 15:34

• izzzy

• Just popping in

I think it won't be arbitrary Herko, visa however that it still gets better more Xoops. We can through that, that we evaluated an user's entrance. That is in preferences, he can choose or not. As well as it also exists now the user's register without needing of e-mail confirmation.

Herko
  • 2004/12/10 16:05

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

Wilson, it's an invitation as I am not a developer

XOOPS scripts aren't run at fixed intervals (not without a server running a cronjob for this anyway), so making a function that is triggered by x time is going to be difficult anyways. IMHO not worth the trouble if there is such a simple and elegant solution available (the 'resend activation mail' option). I know everything can be made and then made optional, but that is not the point of this system (it used to be with PHP Nuke, that is why we have so many loyal users ). My vote goes to the simple solution. Especially since it's not a XOOPS related problem, but a recieveing party issue. (we cant deal with everything -nor do we want to).

Herko

Login

Who's Online

174 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 174

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits