shivaji
Mail/Message Notification problem
  • 2004/11/10 2:46

• shivaji

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/18

Hi, Something goes wrong with mail/message notification system. Though I get notification of 'New User Regsitration', but if someone post any message in Forum I never get notification, similarly if somone submit new links from 'MyLink' module I get no notification. If someone PM me no mail ? What goes wrong. I am using XOOPS 2.05 and XOOPS 2.06 for two site and similar problem exist in both sites.

tonsil
Re: Mail/Message Notification problem
  • 2004/12/6 19:38

• tonsil

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/25

I experience exactly the same problem. User mails from the admin menu and new user registration notifications work. So the email setting itself seems to be correct.

Forum notifications do not work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-tonsil

shivaji
  • 2004/12/7 1:40

• shivaji

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/18

This is not a technical problem. I think this notification system is not yet supported by xoops. Few days back someone posted one PM Mail notification hack so you can download that but for other modules notification, you have to wait.

tonsil
  • 2004/12/7 7:44

• tonsil

• Just popping in

Thanks for your quick response! Well I actually got a PM notification triggered by your forum post here. Is that enabled by the PM hack you mentioned? I changed to email notification here now so I'm wondering if I'll get any more notifications.

There is actually another issue in my XOOPS Forum which I'll post in a different thread but would like to asks you as well directly: After posting a forum comment, I only get an empty page and the browser stays there. I guess there should be a post confirmation and redirect response instead.

Maybe my forum setup is a bit shaky. I wonder how I can fix it. I'm using 2.0.7.3.

-tonsil

tonsil
  • 2004/12/7 8:00

• tonsil

• Just popping in

I opened a new thread because I think the two issues could be related:

Forum post / notification problem (hangup?)

As I see in this forum, there should be "successfully submitted" response with a redirect after a post.

Do you also have empty pages after posting?

-tonsil

tonsil
  • 2004/12/8 19:22

• tonsil

• Just popping in

I actually got a very good response in the other thread I mentioned above that points to the solution of fixing notification.inc.php. After applying that, my notifications now work correctly for the forum and other modules.

Maybe that could help you, too? Do you get any PHP errors in PHP debug when you post something as a user and XOOPS is supposed to go through the notifications?

-tonsil

Login

Who's Online

250 user(s) are online (173 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 1

Guests: 249

Mamba,

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!