pmcnamara
Missing tar.gz/.tar in template downloads
  • 2004/12/3 18:16

• pmcnamara

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/12/3

There are several templates I'd like to try here a Xoops, but the majority of them (all but 1 I have tried) don't have a tar.gz/.tar file with a valid XOOPS template set structure included ?

I have found only the Xoops2 Theme Art to have the .tar file, all the others I have tried don't.

Am I missing something ?

Patrick

Herko
Re: Missing tar.gz/.tar in template downloads
  • 2004/12/3 18:53

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

are you sure youre not looking at themes and not templates? Themes define the gllobal site layout, templates define the dynamic element layouts. Themes are files that need to be uploaded to the themes/ folder, templates are tar.gz files that need to be imported (and edited) in the database using the system admin -> template manager.

Herko

pmcnamara
  • 2004/12/3 19:48

• pmcnamara

• Friend of XOOPS

Herko, I'm going to have to plead ignorance here.

I'm new to Content Management Software.

My webserver provider informed me many are provided free and of the ones I looked at I liked XOOPS the best.

When I log in as adminstrator, my server only provides 3 themes to choose from: Default, phpkaox & x2t.

I browed through the themes library here and found many more themes to choose from... but I can't figure out how to upload them.

Under the admin menu on my website, I find a "templates" option and there I can upload new templates, but only if they have the .tar format, which most of the themes I've found don't have.

So.. I guess I'm looking for help/direction.

irmtfan
  • 2004/12/3 21:42

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

look at this:
https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=208
and this :
what is a theme

pmcnamara
  • 2004/12/3 23:09

• pmcnamara

• Friend of XOOPS

Two steps forward and one step back...

The FAQ was helpful, I had read that section once before, but re-reading it, combined with the other help provided it made more sense.

The themes were downloaded and sent to the server, and when I'm in Site Admin, I can select the new themes from the drop down list..

But they don't display correctly at all.. none of the graphics link up either.

The themes were put into the correct folder and they look the same as the other templates there, but they certainly don't load up the same.

Do I need to edit the main template files to look for these new folders ?

Login

Who's Online

205 user(s) are online (164 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 205

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits