m0nty
XSAS problem
  • 2004/12/2 0:27

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

i installed xsas earlier, and from phpmyadmin i added a user and set a password it, with all privileges..

i then deleted the root@localhost acct..

like an idiot.. haha now it won't connect..

i changed config.inc in the phpmyadmin folder

and changed the new name & password to match..

but now when i try to use phpmyadmin, i get this message

Error

MySQL said:

#1250 - Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

seems strange as it works from default but just from changing the username and password has stopped it working..

using: win XP pro SP2
latest Xsas 1.1 i think
IE6

m0nty
Re: XSAS problem
  • 2004/12/2 1:52

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

forgot to mention.. i left the auth_type as 'config' as it was default from the xsas install

DonXoop

If you created a user with all privs then you are still safe. Either change your config to that new user or even better change the auth to cookie or one of the others that allow you to specify a login name.

One hint for the XOOPS db user, don't use the username that has full rights. Create a specific user that has rights only to the XOOPS db and can only connect from the webserver (localhost probably).

m0nty
  • 2004/12/2 10:19

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

thanks for the tip Don, cookie is better.. but unfortunately, the problem still arises

i managed to get in using cookie method, as the 'root' user still had no password set..

i created a user named 'vaughan' and entered localhost as the host. then gave it a password..

also i then added a password to the root, host = % and as soon as i gave it a password, i tried loggin into MySQL usin the xsas phpmyadmin again

i entered root as username and the correct password.. but it still says #1250 - Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

i then tried the username i created and got the same reply..

i'm stumped, i can't figure this out at all, all the details in the phpmyadmin config.inc.php file are correct.. it just won't let me in if a password is set..

DonXoop

This is an error I haven't see but it appears that you have MySQL v5x but PHP is compiled with the 4.x or 3.x libraries. Can you install a 4.x version of MySQL?

There is an option of using OLD_PASSWORD('your_password') on the command line but I'm not sure about under phpmyadmin or from xoops.

If you have the MySQL command line client (look for an executable called 'mysql') you can set the password like this:

mysql> SET PASSWORD FOR 'some_user'@'some_host' = OLD_PASSWORD('mypass');

PHP should then start working but you might have XOOPS trouble with version 5 still.

m0nty
  • 2004/12/2 12:39

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

i don't have a command line client unfortunately, as the xsas installs everything from mysql, php, and a test XOOPS site all in 1.. so i would have thought that the MySQL version should work with it..

i tried the command from windows dos prompt by using the method on mysql.com

but it tells u to enter it as mysqld-nt but there is no mysql-nt in the xsas folders.. only mysqladmin and mysqld-opt

Login

Who's Online

467 user(s) are online (47 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 467

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits