n_shadows
Whats the best way to add images in Xoops
  • 2004/12/1 23:14

• n_shadows

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/20

I'm having problems adding images in a new block. What MOD is the best to use?

http://freethinker.no-ip.org/

brash
Re: Whats the best way to add images in Xoops
  • 2004/12/2 0:06

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

I use the image manager which is built into the XOOPS core. You'll need to set it up forst. Goto system admin -> images, add a category and set the permissions and you should be able to upload.

jpco_122122

yes that's a right choice but how can we add an image in the theme so even anonymous user can see it?

DonXoop

Do you mean how to get the URL of an image into your theme? It sounds like you are looking for a GUI to the images like you have in blocks and whatnot.

The way I would do it is to list your images from the admin interface or anywhere that shows them and then copy the URL it generates. A right click or however your browser will get to the URL.

If you are simply having trouble with the rights then you only need to make sure that anonymous has viewing rights to the desired image category. But that is usually not required since the images are stored in /uploads and available to all including anon when referenced by the direct URL.

jpco_122122

No, can we insert directly an image to the theme without going to the admin panel to do that because when we go to the admin panel we cannot adjust the proper positioning and sizes of the image,unlike if we add it in the theme.html in dreamweaver it is pretty much easier.

DonXoop

You don't have to go into admin, that is just for grabbing the url if you don't know what it is already. Formatting and such is all up to you in the theme. Use the direct URL call like /uploads/image.jpg.

The easier way is to create an images directory and drop your files there with FTP or whatever. You don't have to use the images engine or anything XOOPS specific at all for this task. The old fashioned way works just fine.

I don't even know what dreamweaver is since I just use any old text editor like vi. But dreaming is what I should be doing right now. Sleepy...

Login

Who's Online

223 user(s) are online (150 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 223

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits