verias
Using an existing nonxoops page as default index
  • 2004/12/1 18:45

• verias

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/1

Ok, last question, i think.

I've hacked up a version if iStrip for my webcomic to work inside the XOOPS environment.

However, I would like the comic from the iStrip files to be the default thing on the main page when you go to the site. (xoops is in my main web directory, istrip is in /comic/ using it's own index.php file inside xoops)

Can this be done? and how.

m0nty
Re: Using an existing nonxoops page as default index
  • 2004/12/1 18:53

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

not entirely sure what istrip is or how it works.. but u say u have the index.php working.. maybe a module called freecontent might help you, if u disable digest mode and enter edit the config file as to the instructions.. i should think u maybe able to create an html page that will do an include ('../../istrip/index.php') and freecontent would wrap it to xoops.. u can select freecontent as the start page module then.. i think this is what ur after..

verias
  • 2004/12/1 19:00

• verias

• Just popping in

Alright, I'll show you what I mean.
Here's my hacked iStrip index file
Here

I have it skinned to use XOOPS themes, I just want to make it my default index.

m0nty
  • 2004/12/1 19:35

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

oic.. not sure how u managed it like that.. but could u possibly make it into a module which can be installed via admin.. possibly make just a blank basic module, and then use that index as the index for the module.. then you could set the start page via general settings in XOOPS admin..

verias
  • 2004/12/1 19:39

• verias

• Just popping in

it was basically a hack that I picked up from reading the FAQ, on skinning html pages (i just modified it to apply to a php script)

I am fiddling with freecontent now, and I have it all customized, but when I try to get it to wrap the page and show it, all I get is a blank page.

m0nty
  • 2004/12/1 19:47

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

i think it has to be an html page thats wrapped.. not sure if php extensions work with it or not.. but u could write in the html file something like

include ('path to comic index page');
?>

i maybe way out here.. hopefully a dev my read this and have a better method of doing it..

Login

Who's Online

250 user(s) are online (34 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 250

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits