dickinsd
HELP - New users can't register???
  • 2004/11/29 19:46

• dickinsd

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/11/14

Hello

I would like some help or some pointers regarding a user registration problem.

I have a small website - that has not had a lot of traffic, but I do notice from my web stats that I am getting some traffic, but I am not getting any new members at all - did not think anything of it at first - it has been about 10 days since anyone registered - I was assuming that my site had no content that appealed to new comers (its about Linux) but today someone sent me an email telling they where unable to register.

I signed them up through the admin area, as I did for another member about 6 days ago (but at the time I put the problems down to the user)
When I sign them up - it works fine they can log in and do as they wish.

I have tested the problem and I am also unable to register as a different user.

It says user registration was successful but I can't login it says user unkown - and if I look at my control panel the new users (my test users) are not appearing in the list - also when I check the database they are not been written to the database. AND I have tried putting the email address in the 'lost' password area it says there are no users with that email address.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Dave

Mithrandir
Re: HELP - New users can

Software firewall blocking HTTP REFERER? (privacy setting - can normally be overridden to allow access to "information about visited sites" on a per-site basis in the firewall configuration)

dickinsd
Re: HELP - New users can't register???
  • 2004/11/29 20:00

• dickinsd

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/11/14

OOOOPS

I figured it out

I must have been testing it in the same way that new users where using it.

I have enabled automatically activate.

it seems if you dont click finish at the end then the account is not activated.

is there a way I can inform users they need to press finish if they want to sign up?

Dave

Login

Who's Online

463 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 463

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits