talon39
Javascript Menu Positioning question
  • 2004/11/29 18:04

• talon39

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/6/13

Hello I would like to add vertical cascading drop down menus to the main menu block, however I do no want to use absolut positioning. Absolution positioning would cause problems for users who view the site at other resolutions or for group who can see additional blocks. If the resolution changes or the position of the block changes the dropdown will no long be lined up correctly to the block. Does anyone know a simple way to make the position of the dropdown relative to the block, or where the code is inserted? SO that the drop downs will always be aligned with the block regardless of the resolution or block position?

coopersita
Re: Javascript Menu Positioning question

I'd have to see your code, but if you make the containing block relative, the absolute positioned elements in it will be positioned absolute to the container. So if you set the menu to be top:10px, left:45px, they will be 10-45 of the containing block, not the page.

You can check more about it in:

http://www.alistapart.com/articles/horizdropdowns/

hervet
Re: Javascript Menu Positioning question
  • 2004/11/29 18:40

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Hi,

With a program such as Sothink Dhtml Menu, once I have the javascript code, I can put it everywhere without any problem. I just copy the code where I need (in a block). What do you use to create your menu ?

Bye,
Hervé

Login

Who's Online

67 user(s) are online (39 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 67

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits