EGBlacky
Auto Approve News for Certain Groups?
  • 2004/11/29 4:21

• EGBlacky

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/20

I have searched the forums and haven't found anything so I am gonna ask it.

First off, why does the webmaster/administrator have to go through the admin control panel in order to post news? If I use the 'submit news' link, it waits for me to approve my own post. Shouldn't admins be able to submit their news w/o having to go into the control panel.

Secondly, is there a way to fix that? What I want to be able to do is allow a certain group to post news that is auto approved. If I have too, I will make them a tutorial on how to do it through the control panel, but would rather not have them have access to all admin functions.

irmtfan
Re: Auto Approve News for Certain Groups?
  • 2004/11/29 5:29

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

i dont look now but its in the permission for ( approve/submit ) at admin panel just take webmaster ( and your desire group ) to the groups can approve news

stefan88
Re: Auto Approve News for Certain Groups?
  • 2004/11/29 9:07

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Hi,

What version of News module are you using 1.1 or 1.21?
What I will say is for 1.21: You could post and approve news without going to admin menu. In the form where you write the news, there is section "Options" just below "Submit file" and the first check box is approve - You need to check it. There is also an option "Publish in home?" somewhere in the begining of the form - You need to check it to see Your news in homepage.

I'll just add also, that in 1.21 in the admin menu where you select the permisions to approve/submit/view there are in separate groups with own submit button, so You will have to submit settings for every change (once for approve settings, once for submit and once for view) you make.

Stefan

Login

Who's Online

245 user(s) are online (151 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 245

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits