janmetpet
System menu gone!
  • 2004/11/28 11:45

• janmetpet

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/17

Hi there,

Suddenly my system menu is gone in the control panel. I use the url to get there, but it is still strange. I updated the module system admin, but still nog button. Anyone an idea, any suggestion is welcome. Thanks in advance.

Jan

carnuke
Re: System menu gone!
  • 2004/11/28 12:21

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

You need to access your group permissions and each group you have. Don't change anything in the settings but be sure to click submit. Do the same with all the group permissions.

Then go to your modules admin page and update the system module.

The problem is without the system icon you can't access your groups pages or modules pages, right?

So login to your site and enter this in your browser address bar.

http://www.yoursite.com/modules/system/admin.php?fct=groups

Then go to the webmasters group and make sure that you have system admin rights, if necessary, by putting a checkmark in ALL the boxes in that section.

In laterst XOOPS versions this happens by default by clicking "update" in the webmasters group--without manually entereing checkmarks in the system admin boxes.

However, some older XOOPS versions do not default to adding checkmarks to the "System Admin" rights in the webmasters group.

If in doubt, check and confirm you the webmaster have all priviledges.

janmetpet
Re: System menu gone!
  • 2004/11/28 16:15

• janmetpet

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/17

Thanks man, the last suggestion did it. I probably updated permissions in the webmaster group and the system admin rights weren't checked (never were). Thanks again!

Jan

Login

Who's Online

135 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 135

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits