Catzwolf
WF-Section MySQL Screenshots
  • 2004/11/27 9:29

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

This was posted over at the WF-Sections Website, but I decided to post it over here as well.

----------------------------------------
Recently, WF-Sections has been getting some bad press over at the XOOPS website.

I would like to take this chance and say that while I find the article to be accurate in the fact that WF-Section is heavier on server than we would like, I would also like to say that their tests are flawed to the point that WF-Section will never display 10000 articles at once either in the admin nor in the front section (Unless you change the settings to do so).

The fact is that the version of WF-Sections they used was a beat version (Which is unfair considering the other modules where not considered as such and many of the issues described in the article, we have known about for a while and have since fixed in the new stable version.

But, I believe that Brash has already stated that once the new version is released, these tests will be redone to reflect the changes and the bug fixes in the new version. I would like to thank him for this on behalf of the team.

I would like to show some screen shots of the up and coming version of WF-Sections complate with MySQL queries and page download times and you can judge for yourself on the differences between the both versions for yourself.

Article Index Screen Admin

Index page Admin ScreenAdmin

Main Admin Index Screen

Section Admin Screen

Main Article User Index Screen

Hope you can see that we are taking steps to making WF-Sections Stable and Easier on the server than all the other versions of WF-Sections.

Scott
----------------------------------------------

ATB

Catzwolf

Mithrandir
Re: WF-Section MySQL Screenshots

Looks excellent.

If you want to, I can re-run the test on your current WF-Sections now. That would - while still not 100% optimised - show an improvement over the 2.07 beta that was tested and can give a hint as to how it will be in the final version.

I would really like to do this as the intention never ever was to bash WF-Sections in any way - it just went that way during the test - and I would very much like to restore the public faith in WF-Sections as more than "just" pretty graphics and nifty features.

If you want to take me up on the offer, please mail the version you want tested to Mithrandir aht XOOPS dottie org

Catzwolf
  • 2004/11/27 9:48

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Hi Mith,

Thanks for the offer, I am sure the guys over at the WF-Project Team will be in contact with yourself

ATB

Catz

carnuke
  • 2004/11/27 9:57

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Hi Catz ... Nice to see you on the forums again

Catzwolf
  • 2004/11/27 10:00

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Quote:

carnuke wrote:
Hi Catz ... Nice to see you on the forums again

Hey Nukie! :-p

Thanks, nice to see ya as well

ATB

Catz

svaha
  • 2004/11/27 10:19

• svaha

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/8/2 2

Hi Catzwolf,
nice to hear (read) from you after such a long time. Hope everything is ok with you

Login

Who's Online

518 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 518

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits