brash
Re: What do you use to post News?
  • 2004/11/25 1:17

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Yep, and import script is included, although it doesn't support importation of attachments (news 1.2.x only) or comments as yet.

You won't be able to download it yet (or you shouldn't be) as I still have a LONG way to go with the user help pages.

jdseymour

Yeah, joined your site a while back, found my membersip when I entered your page.

I will be looking foward to the release. And thanks for working on such a module.

brash
  • 2004/11/25 2:07

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

Pleasure . Hope it lives up to expectations

intel352
  • 2004/11/25 3:34

• intel352

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/11/23

Quote:

brash wrote:
Aw shucks bd_csmc . Did you have a play with the audience, or banner features? What about the totally rejigged article manager in the amin menu .

i saw your implementation of the banner feature, and while i'm not quite aware of how i could make use of it, it's definitely nifty

didn't look at the audience feature yet, haven't have enough time to play

brash
  • 2004/11/25 4:28

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

The banner feature is designed around intergration with external ad managers such as PHPAdsNew. You can just dump the banner code in the banner area, and then use AMS to control what benners are shown where on a topic, sub topic and article level. It also has an inheritance option so that what ever banner you set at the topic or sub topic level flows down to all sub topics and articles that exist underneth that point. Not a complete banner management system by any means, the aim was just to make the intergration a little more streamlined.

The audience feature is one of my favourites, and it is where I can see a nice marriage between xDonations and AMS. When you submit and article you have to select an audience level, and only those members of the groups with permissions to that audinence level are able to view the entire article. Otherwise you are only able to view the scoop/description section of the article. So for instance if you have a load of articles you want to setup on a pay for view system you could set the audience level so that only a donors group has full access to it in AMS, and then setup xDonations to add x user to x group upon donation at which point they could then read the articles.

Jackwan
  • 2004/11/25 5:13

• Jackwan

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/9/8 2

Quote:

bd_csmc wrote:
omg, AMS appears to kick total a**. lol... article versioning, the ability to show external links, links to forum discussions, etc etc... wow...

brash, you and mith did a killer job, this is the type of module that many CMSes are missing.

i'm impressed

brash,

you still have not answer my question on "recent news" block of AMS.

brash
  • 2004/11/25 6:27

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

Sorry Jack, can you refresh my memory?

Jackwan
  • 2004/11/25 6:36

• Jackwan

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

brash wrote:
Sorry Jack, can you refresh my memory?

Will I still be able to have "top news" or "recent news" blocks, if I use AMS? Because I think those blocks are from "News".

brash
  • 2004/11/25 9:01

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

Yep, there are three article blocks called top news, recent news and highest rated articles.

Jackwan
  • 2004/11/25 9:47

• Jackwan

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

brash wrote:
Yep, there are three article blocks called top news, recent news and highest rated articles.

Well, I did not see any in 2.2. You still have my test site full access, take a look.

Thanks.

Login

Who's Online

156 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 156

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits