jensclas
xcgal edit images problem

I have a problem with getting the edit images screen to come up on some of my albums. These appear to be albums with more than 16 photos in them - eg one has 25.

I have tried deleting and reuploading several times but this obviously isn;t the answer. Is it a problem with downloading so much info for editing? Is there a limit to how namy images should be in one album? Can anyone suggest a way to access these images without deleting the album and starting over? I really don't want to go through it all again - my user pics file is getting really messy as each time I delete an album i don't always gain access to the pic to try again. Thanks

irmtfan
Re: xcgal edit images problem
  • 2004/11/22 9:13

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

in edit image you can edit all images of albums
i have some albums with more that 300 pics at my site and never problem to edit pictures or remove them via other albums.
could you tell me what is your problem that you cant edit pictures?

jensclas

I click on edit images in an album that has say 10 pics in it. They all come up and i can ad titles and ad annotations in the text description box. It works really well.

Then i click on another album with say more than 16 images and all i get in return is the create/order albums and modify albums buttons with nothing, nada, zilch, zippo underneath to edit. I know the images are there because they are showing in random images from the album...

is it just them being extremely incredibly annoyingly slow to load? (more than 10 minutes!) or just my PC?

I really don't think there is anything wrong with the module itself as it does work for the smaller collections of pic no worries.

Hope this is a better explanation for you.

irmtfan
  • 2004/11/22 9:50

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

Quote:
all i get in return is the create/order albums

and any error in return page?

could you turn on debug mode for xcgal module?

jensclas

Quote:

irmtfan wrote:
Quote:
all i get in return is the create/order albums

and any error in return page?

could you turn on debug mode for xcgal module?

I have debug turned on - is there a seoarate one for xcgal? I will have a look. There are no errors on the return page at all. I am going to try the same albums from my work computer. They have a cable link to the web and I have a better computer there...that will soon tell me if it is my computer/connection rather than the module itself.

jensclas

Quote:

jensclas wrote:
I am going to try the same albums from my work computer. They have a cable link to the web and I have a better computer there...that will soon tell me if it is my computer/connection rather than the module itself.

problem solved - There wasn't a problem with the module at all. It is my home connection. I had no problems at all editing my page at work where this a better connection...

Thanks for your help anyways irmtfan!

Login

Who's Online

129 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 129

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits