daneel
How to add my own content ?
  • 2004/11/19 17:03

• daneel

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/19

Hi,

I've set up Xoops, I've hacked it with MultiLanguage, I've learnt many things in the process but now that everything works fine comes the moment to add my own content.

I would like to add a Special Thanks section to thank the people who participated in the birth of my project (my website is to develop an Open Source project) and a whole section for my different projects with subcategories like download, development news, forum, documentation, presentation and so on.

Do I have to make my own modules for that or does it exist one I could just adapt to my needs (with documentation to do so if possible) ? I thought to use MultiMenu module to link towards my own pages but I'm not sure it's gonna integrate in the general style of the website.

If you want to get an idea of my site : The Epseelon Project

Please help...

Daneel

carnuke
Re: How to add my own content ?
  • 2004/11/19 17:28

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Try out the Credits module also here HERE

Anonymous
  • 2004/11/19 17:29

• Anonymous

• Since:

Try module Edito or TinyContent if that can help you...

You can find them in "Module repository"

smdcom

i would like to suggest you using wfchannel or smartsection.

available at www.wf-projects.com and www.smartfactory.ca

daneel
  • 2004/11/20 5:17

• daneel

• Just popping in

Thank you very much... The credits module will fit my needs perfectly as soon as I will have found how to hack it for Multilanguage.

daneel
  • 2004/11/21 4:44

• daneel

• Just popping in

I found some good content managements like CJay Content for example which has the good idea to provide a custom top level menu (that has the same look and feel than the Main or User menus for example) which is exactly what I'm looking for. But it doesn't make it possible to manage subcategories.
I would like to have a "projects" menu with all my projects inside and submenus for each project linking to Presentation, downloads, documentation, forum, special thanks and so on...

I tried to use WFSections and WFChannels but they're a bit complex and they don't provide any documentation or tutorial (which is definitely a great weakness of XOOPS in general )

Could you give me more details about the modules that could possible fit my needs without being too... complex.

Please.

daneel

rcjohnson
  • 2004/11/21 5:49

• rcjohnson

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/7/23

I would stay away from wf-sections for right now. I spent two months trying ot get it into a working condition....its a great idea , but its goign to be quite a while before we see somethign final. I believe the authors are chaning the development language before they put out a new release.

I've found the tinycontent module to be very handy. Its worth looking into.

Login

Who's Online

157 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 157

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits