etrivias
What if i Changed Hosting?
  • 2004/11/16 17:50

• etrivias

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/7

I recently had to change my hosting so i had to download the whole directory containing XOOPS and i wanted to put it on a new host that i've found i dunno if there is a way to do it..i manually opened most of the php files and changed the settings from the old site to the new site is there another way?
Or can i know which files i have to edit because maybe i didn't changed something and now it's not working...

Herko
Re: What if i Changed Hosting?
  • 2004/11/16 19:52

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

all you have to do is edit mainfile.php.

herko

dejadingo
  • 2004/11/17 19:42

• dejadingo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/22

It's probably posted somewhere else (can't find it right now), but don't you also have to restore your database to the new server location?

I'd really appreciate basic instructions for doing this -- or a pointer to where they are already listed -- since I will need them to move from my test site to the official production site.

Thanks.

charpres
  • 2004/11/18 17:19

• charpres

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/9/4 2

Maybe someone can add to this or fill in some detail, but this is what I did:

1) Leave everything on the original site until things have been working without problems on the new site for at least two weeks.

2) Back up the XOOPS database (structure and content) from the admin panel.

3) Make sure you have a list of of php and template files that you have hacked or modified. Either do a complete install of the latest XOOPS version at the new site or upload a backup of the old site from your own computer. I prefer a new, clean install. If you upload your site from your computer, you will need to edit your mainfile.php to reflect your new host's settings and you will have to make sure all permissions are correct. That is one reason I prefer a new install.

4) Restore your database using the admin panel.

5) Modules can either be installed fresh or uploaded from your computer if you have extensively modified them.

6) Fully test and bugfix before re-directing your domain to the new site.

Login

Who's Online

214 user(s) are online (168 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 214

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits