bigsteve
webmaster login problem
  • 2004/11/16 15:29

• bigsteve

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/15

I hosed my site a feew days ago and replaced some files. It works fine until I log in, then I get the screen that states
"This is your first time to enter the administration section. Press the button below to proceed."

I press it and th says " Logging you in" but there's a small message in the upper left corner that says "failed to open document", then I'm sent back to the "First time" screen.

What should I try first?

bigsteve
Re: webmaster login problem
  • 2004/11/16 16:33

• bigsteve

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/15

correction to the last post

I hosed my site a feew days ago and replaced some files. It lets me log in as Administrator, but when I click on "Administration Menu" I get the screen that states

"This is your first time to enter the administration section. Press the button below to proceed."

I press it and th says " Logging you in", but there's a small message in the upper left corner that says "failed to open document", then I'm sent back to the "First time" screen.

What should I try first?

dickinsd
Re: webmaster login problem
  • 2004/11/19 13:56

• dickinsd

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/11/14

Not sure if you've fixed this, but I also had the problem, it seemed to have been caused by the permissions on the cache folder had been changed??

and also, when I looked in the cache folder the adminmenu.php file had vanished, I chmod'd the permissions and dumped a copy of the adminmenu.php in the folder, and that seemed to have solved it!

hope this helps (if you not fixed it already)

Dave

Login

Who's Online

128 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 128

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits