nulla
redirection
  • 2004/11/14 9:08

• nulla

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/9

Until I am assured my site will be popular enough to spend money on a web host and domain name I am having the url redirected.
It is like mysite.tk that directs to my homepage site that has quite a long name..

My question is...that how do I have this address as the xoops-url. For when people log in using the redirection URL then press the option to go back to homepage they then get the login page again, for they have been redirected back to homepage url name...is there a way around this

sorry this is long but I had to explain in detail..

any help much appreciated.

Herko
Re: redirection
  • 2004/11/14 9:11

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

at present, this is not possible. This is becuase XOOPS checks the domain you are logging into to the actual location, and if they don't match, you're not logged in.

Herko

carnuke
  • 2004/11/14 9:28

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

In your site's mainfile.php there will be a config setting for Virtual address- URL I guess this will currently be an IP or an extended server address different from your domain name. Until you have a resolved domain name and this is inputted in your mainfile.php you will have problems with redirection etc.

nulla
  • 2004/11/14 19:29

• nulla

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/9

thanks for the replies... I checked the main.php file before and tried changing...

I will bite the bullet and get a domain name.

Login

Who's Online

353 user(s) are online (49 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 353

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits