nasakenai
"Could not insert forum post" error...
  • 2004/11/9 6:11

• nasakenai

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/3

One of my members are not able to post, they get this odd "could not insert forum post error" and "Insert topic error:INSERT INTO XOOPS bb topics (topic id, topic title, topic poster, forum id, topic time, poster name, approved) VALUES (0, SUBJECT', 10, 6, 1099976624.".1" appears in the top of the page.

Does anyone know how this is caused? Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Mithrandir
Re:

Software firewall blocking HTTP_REFERER?

tedsmith
Re:
  • 2004/11/9 8:16

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

This is definately a Firewall issue - I bet your member uses Norton Firewall? All the numbers etc look unusual (have you got debug mode on?) but the message itself is what I used to get every time I visited ANY XOOPS site.

Like Mithrandir says, you can do one of two things

1) Inform your user how to set the Firewall to allow redirection of web site addresses. To do this in Norton, Open it, click Options, and the 'Web Content' tab. In there, 'Add' your website, and then, to the right, there are a list of radio buttons to choose from - he will have to set the value 'Remeber Site Redirection' (or something like that) to 'Permit' as opposed to 'dissalow'.

2) That's the long way of doing it and personally, a bit of a nuisance for every member - you'll loose users if they have to do that themselves. Personally, I preferred to just remove the HTTP_REFERRER check totally out of the XOOPS system (a minor secuirty issue but nothing major I don't think - depends on the nature of your site). To disable the HTTP_REFERER check, add the following line at the beginning of the function xoops_refcheck in the file /include/functions.php

return true; // disable HTTP_REFERER check

So, using Dave_L's example, and the way I have done it :

function xoops_refcheck($docheck=1)
{
return true; // disable HTTP_REFERER check
$ref = xoops_getenv('HTTP_REFERER');
if ($docheck == 0) {
}

Of course, make a backup copy first and make a note of your change for future upgrades that may overwrite it.

Incidentally, there is a massive posting (20 plus replies) on this subject here although seeing as you did not know the cause you can be forgiven for not locating it!

Good luck

karuna
Re:
  • 2004/11/9 8:23

• karuna

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/5/29

hi

i have encounter this problem.
u can use the phpmyadmin to see the status of the bb_post/bb_topic/bb_post_text.
if it's "in use". select the table and use phpmyadmin repair them.

hope it help

Login

Who's Online

155 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 155

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits