Camez
Can't modify text in a downloaded theme.html
  • 2004/11/8 22:11

• Camez

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/7

Hello !

I downloaded the "Imago07" theme and installed it. On top of the theme.html file as it is displayed on internet explorer when browsing my site, it is written "you can marker menu in here or remove it frome theme.html".

I tried to remove this sentence by changing it for another one by editing the theme.html file and then replace the old one on the site. But altough the sentence is modified when editing the file, on the top page of the site it still displays the old original message. How can I get ride of it ? I need to know in order to make further changes later.

Thanks for the help, let me know if I'm unclear as explaining it in english is a bit difficult for me !

Mithrandir
Re:Can't modify text in a downloaded theme.html

when you make changes to the theme.html file, you will need to enable the system admin -> preferences -> general settings -> "update module templates from themes/yourtheme folder" setting

When you are done with a theme, disable the setting again for better performance

ackbarr

go to System -> Preferences -> General Settings and set "Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory?" to yes.

Then make your file modification again.

If you still have problems, remove all the files in the /template_c directory.

Camez
  • 2004/11/8 22:49

• Camez

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/7

Thanks, it worked perfectly ! It's nice to be helped by such a cool community

Login

Who's Online

369 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 369

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits