Feichtl
blank page after update xhelp 0.5 to 0.6
  • 2004/11/8 9:23

• Feichtl

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/11/8

xhelp 0.5 works fine, but after update to 0.6 i only get blank pages (in xhelp, rest of xoop is ok).

my XOOPS version is 2.0.7.3, php 4.3.7 (register_globals=on, safe_mode=on), MySQL 4.0.20a-nt, running on a w2k server with sp4 and IIS as an intranet solution.

update scripts works fine with no errors, even table updates. most functions in admin section work as expected (except deleting users in "manage staff")

2 blocks from xhelp are shown correct on startpage. but every page from xhelp is blank.

what i've done after update:
- update module (in admin section)
- check tables (ok)
- deleting (cloned) templates and rebuilt them

anybody out there, who has a solution?

THX in advance,

Feichtl.

ejuden01
Re: blank page after update xhelp 0.5 to 0.6
  • 2004/11/8 18:31

• ejuden01

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/4/5 1

Could you report it to us on the xhelp Development Site? We will look into it and figure out what is causing your problem. Thanks.

ejuden01
  • 2004/11/8 18:32

• ejuden01

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/4/5 1

If you have PHP Debug turned on, do you receive any errors? How about mySQL Debug? Thanks.

Feichtl
  • 2004/11/8 19:12

• Feichtl

• Not too shy to talk

sorry, i forgot:

referring to this - cache is disabled

i tried out all the debug modes with no results. even mysql-debug showed nothing!

i also did an installation on a fresh installed XOOPS 2.0.7.3 with the same results.

as you asked for, i reported this at xhelp Development Site

thx 4 your assistance,

feichtl.

ackbarr
Re:blank page after update xhelp 0.5 to 0.6

I'm having some trouble duplicating this problem. My test environment:

Win XP SP2
IIS
PHP 4.3.9 (CGI Mode)
Mysql 3.23.49
XOOPS 2.0.7.3

Safe_Mode = On
Register_Globals = On

I was able to create, then delete a staff member, and all pages for both users and staff members display w/o errors.

The only debug mode that I would expect to show anything would be PHP Debug. The others require that the XOOPS page sucessfully renders before they will display. That PHP Debug mode does not show anything bothers me. Can you verify that you performed the following steps:

1. Enable PHP Debugging in System -> Preferences -> General Settings
2. Return to your XOOPS home page
3. Enter xhelp module (which should display a blank page).
4. Page is blank (should display any php execution errors here).

If you follow these steps and are still presented with a blank page, check your server's event logs for any IIS (or W3CSV) error messages.

Feichtl
  • 2004/11/8 20:39

• Feichtl

• Not too shy to talk

as i replied to ejuden01 i tried out all the debug modes with no result. but i will try an installation "out of my intranet" on a temporary site of my private webhoster and report results here.

ackbarr

While you are doing that. I'll ask the community, is anyone else running xhelp successfully in an Win/IIS environment. I'm trying to determine if this problem is a:
configuration issue
environment issue
coding issue

So if you are running xhelp in Win/IIS, can you please post your system specs (Windows Ver, PHP Configuration, etc) in this thread?

Feichtl
  • 2004/11/8 21:04

• Feichtl

• Not too shy to talk

if you look at the beginning of this thread, i think all your requested information should be included in my first posting! what more information do u need?

ackbarr

thank you for your response, but if you re-read my last post, you'll see that my question was not directed to you, but to the XOOPS community in general. I want to see if other users have run into the same problem, or if they are able to run xhelp in similar environments. As I do 99% of my testing in a WAMP environment, my exposure to IIS+PHP is limited. I thought that by appealing to the IIS users among the XOOPS community a pattern might be easier to discern.

Feichtl
  • 2004/11/9 7:32

• Feichtl

• Not too shy to talk

uups, sorry. seems that i misunderstood your last mail.

i have some news for you:

phpinfo on my local hosted website shows Server-Api: CGI/FastCGI - is this what you wanted to know?

and: i also did an installation of xhelp on a temporary site of my webhoster and - it's running! but: my webhoster uses redhat linux und apache webserver

it will be hard for me to compare and correct the settings of my local webserver. do you have any global parameters which should be given?

thx,

feichtl.

Login

Who's Online

94 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 94

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits