AnarchyCow
Where can i find the repository system this site uses?
  • 2004/11/7 23:42

• AnarchyCow

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/7

Will some1 give me a link where i can find the download repository system this site uses...
I hate the one it comes with... It displays sub catagories and shit like that...
I dont know if theirs a hack to keep it from doing that or some1 knows where i can DL a mos that dont deplay sub catagories in the main page...

brash
Re:Where can i find the repository system this site uses?
  • 2004/11/7 23:45

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

I'm pretty sure this site uses a modified version of WF-Downloads. The standard WF-Downloads module can be downloaded from http://www.wf-projects.com

tedsmith
  • 2004/11/7 23:50

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

Although I would never word it quite so harshly, but I agree with your sentiment Anarchy. The displaying of sub-catergories is not great. WF-Downloads has a great display for the top level categories, but when you 'dig down' through the cats the display tends to go off with that module too in the same way as the XOOPS core downloads module.

I have made suggestions for this to be improved before, and I think 'Liquid' (one of the guys who writes it) is intending to improve it for the next release (they are very helpful and warmly welcome feedback).

Best thing to do is try it and give it a whirl. If you only have one main level of cats you will really like it. If, like my work site, you have sub cat after sub cat after sub cat then it can be a little harsh on the users eyes!

Ted

AnarchyCow
  • 2004/11/8 0:28

• AnarchyCow

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/7

Quote:

tedsmith wrote:
Although I would never word it quite so harshly, but I agree with your sentiment Anarchy. The displaying of sub-catergories is not great. WF-Downloads has a great display for the top level categories, but when you 'dig down' through the cats the display tends to go off with that module too in the same way as the XOOPS core downloads module.

I have made suggestions for this to be improved before, and I think 'Liquid' (one of the guys who writes it) is intending to improve it for the next release (they are very helpful and warmly welcome feedback).

Best thing to do is try it and give it a whirl. If you only have one main level of cats you will really like it. If, like my work site, you have sub cat after sub cat after sub cat then it can be a little harsh on the users eyes!

Ted

HAHA...
Yea i dont think its that harsh but...
I mean I've used XOOPS before but not longterm...
Ok I'll try it... look at my site ([url]hax0rz.us[/url])
I got like 3 downloads modules installed..
ok well gotta go try it pce out...
Thx 4 the Quick response...

Login

Who's Online

315 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 315

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits