vinit
Theme for A Youths Community portal
  • 2004/11/2 19:16

• vinit

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/1/10

hi,

I am looking for a theme that can suit a youth interaction portal. i would like to see some good usage of images and a having global appeal. Does anyone know any such theme.

vinit
Re:Theme for A Youths Community portal
  • 2004/11/5 18:42

• vinit

• Just can't stay away

any suggestions ????

philou
  • 2004/11/5 19:30

• philou

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/5/6 8

Could you give us more details about what you are looking for ?
Have you see the theme library ?

tjnemez
  • 2004/11/5 22:11

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

Quote:
any suggestions ????

yes, i think you should clean your keyboard as the ? key seems to be sticky.

fizzx
  • 2004/11/6 1:02

• fizzx

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/23

Quote:

tjnemez wrote:
Quote:
any suggestions ????

yes, i think you should clean your keyboard as the ? key seems to be sticky.

vinit
  • 2004/11/7 11:46

• vinit

• Just can't stay away

truley need to replace the keyboard.

@philou: I am looking for a theme which has few images of teens, youth, grouping arround, playing arround and then giving a feel of good youths portal.

rowdie
  • 2004/11/7 14:01

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

Quote:

vinit wrote:
I am looking for a theme which has few images of teens, youth, grouping arround, playing arround and then giving a feel of good youths portal.

You'll have trouble finding a theme like that ready made. Images of people can be problematic, with issues of copyright and privacy. Your best bet would be to find a group of young people who don't mind having their images on your website, and taking photos of them to make your own theme.

Rowd

vinit
  • 2004/11/7 16:59

• vinit

• Just can't stay away

ya i can understant that there might be few copyright issues, but there are lot of images which are free from those copyright issues.

Like adding up an intoduction page (html/flash) and then having a good presentation of page. Making site look a different from common portals.

Just inquisitive, who knows some one might be having similar ideas and might be working on development of it.

JasonMR
  • 2004/11/7 20:56

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

I have to hook into the tune of rowdie, with the following thought: you will want your young people to participate within the site, so you will need to atract them.

Pictures of some other young people, wont do the job. Get pics from the center, and the young people using it. This will make the users of the Youthcenter, part of the Youthcenters web project. It merges the visual impact of the center, and the visual impact of the website.

And please, get of the flash bandwaggon. Only because it blinks and moves, doesn't mean, it will atract young minds. Content, content, content!

"...look different from common portals..." if you really want it to be <em>different</em>, then you will have to put in the effort, and do the design yourself....the core of this thread....

brash
  • 2004/11/7 23:17

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

I agree with JasonMR that you should use images relevant to the center to create the connection. However, I am not anti Flash. I think it is something that needs to be used in careful moderation, but the fact is if it wasn't popular, then it wouldn't be used. It *can* compliement a site very well, just don't look to it to make your site popular on its own. As JasonMR said it all comes back to content, content, content .

Login

Who's Online

232 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 232

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits