JMorris
Stalled installation
  • 2004/11/3 22:00

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Richard and I are testing a new feature for Netquery and we've got a little problem.... While installing the module, processor usage goes through the roof, installation stalls and generates the follwoing error in /modules/system/admin.php....

Quote:
Warning: Unknown(): A session is active. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time. in Unknown on line 0

This has not been a problem with the standalone version as well as the version available for other CMSs. Therefore, we're inclined to beleive it has to do with some "timeout" setting in Xoops.

The sql file is approximately 10710 lines long. Roughly 10527 lines of which is one table.

Any ideas on this one?

Thanks!

JMorris
Re:Stalled installation
  • 2004/11/4 1:56

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

::bump::

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks.

JMorris
  • 2004/11/4 14:44

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

Odd, I thought for sure someone might know why XOOPS stalls when installing modules with large table structures.

RVirtue
  • 2004/11/4 15:56

• RVirtue

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/8/4 9

This is utterly and maddeningly ridiculous!!! And I am really begininning to lose my patience with the damned thing entirely.

It's not the XOOPS core. It's the blankety-blank XOOPS module installation/update handler. It's totally f***ed up, and that is NOT just a guess. Here's what I've done.

1) I have built a function capable of being called and run from Netquery's own admin panel inside XOOPS using XOOPS core functions to build and populate the dB table in question.

2) Running that fuction works perfectly, creating and populating the table (all 10528 port lookup items with 5 data fields each) within just a few seconds and without a whimper.

3) I then used phpMyAdmin to export the same table just created and added the exported dump to the mysql.sql file that XOOPS uses to initialize the Netquery module.

4) On uninstalling and attempting to re-install the Netquery module with the datatable that XOOPS itself had created, it locks up (white screen) as before.

You can probably tell that I've reached a certain level of frustration. In fact, I'm about ready to say to hell with it and instruct XOOPS users to build that datatable themselves when they first install or update the module using the Netquery admin fucntion that does work. I'll post an "X" version and let you try it.

Richard.

Login

Who's Online

192 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 192

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits