nyn108
installation wizard won´t start
  • 2004/11/1 1:55

• nyn108

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/31

Hi,

I´m a newbie, just downloaded the files (from the html folder, but didn´t downloaded the html folder per se) to remote server. The thing is: when I go to my website I should be redirected to the insallation wizard, right?

What I believe you can see is the content of the mainfile (before the installation). I can enter the inst. wizard if I write /install after my website adress, but shouldn´t the software redirect me?

What can I do to be redirected? Is it ok to enter the installation wizard manually by adding the /install after my website?

thanks a lot!

nyn

script_fu
Re: installation wizard won´t start

Did you use XOOPS 2.0.9 Beta ?

Report your errors here...

nyn108
  • 2004/11/1 15:00

• nyn108

• Just popping in

Actually I installed the xoops-2.0.7.3-pt-br (in portuguese). This is what I get now: http://www.duma.com.br/

I posted at the Brazilian suport site too, but nobody answered.. I believe what you can see at the site adress right now is the mainfile the way it is before the installation wizard starts, am I right?

thanks!

nyn

DonXoop

You should double check your mainfile.php file options. Your xoops_url and physical path is probably wrong. It might need to be /home/restricted/home/duma/public_html and http://www.duma.com.br ?

nyn108
errors trying to debug blank page (was: installation wizard won´t start)
  • 2004/11/2 20:11

• nyn108

• Just popping in

Well, first thank you all, I´m one step ahead!

I´ve managed to enter the installation wizard and finished the process with all the green lights on!

But when I finished, I found.. the blank page. I followed the instructions given at the XoopsWiki and tried the query "UPDATE xoops_config SET conf_value=1 WHERE conf_name = 'debug_mode'".

The result now is here: http://www.duma.com.br/

I didn´t found Fatal errors, but I don´t have any idea what to do.. someone help??

thanks a lot!

n.

ackbarr
Re:installation wizard won´t start

change the permissions on /uploads , /templates_c and /cache folders to be writable by the web server (777 permissions on Unix, Full Control permissions on Windows)

nyn108
Re:installation wizard won´t start
  • 2004/11/3 0:22

• nyn108

• Just popping in

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU, I know my questions are probably VERY basic and silly, but I´m not a programmer... Just someone who is trying to learn enough to run a personal website by myself.

Or ALMOST by myself LOL

Thank you again guys!

nyn

Login

Who's Online

308 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 308

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits