upsadaz
news block to display static html page that changes every 10 secs.
  • 2004/10/28 18:22

• upsadaz

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/2/26

Hi, everyone.
I looked at all the content modules and noticed a couple of html wrap modules (c-html, c-jay). These seem to be almost what I want to use, but I need it to refresh the html page within a block every ten seconds. The html page is being rewritten every ten seconds to reflect changing content.

Has any one else done this? If not does any one have any ideas on how to try to do this?

thank you in advance for your help.

upsadaz
refresh content automatically every so often/ a script?
  • 2004/11/1 19:59

• upsadaz

• Friend of XOOPS

Ok I have installed c-jay content and it displays the way I want. Thank you forlorn for this mod.

Is there a way to get the browser to refresh the html content every so often? This page gets rewritten every ten seconds or so as it tallys a number count.

Any suggestions?? Ideas?? Wild theories??

upsadaz
Found it! Re: refresh content automatically every so often/ a script?
  • 2004/11/4 20:21

• upsadaz

• Friend of XOOPS

In case any one ever needs this here is what I found. This works really well for content that is being automatically rewritten. (As in election results)

content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">

replaces with

I inserted the text in the html file within the content folder of the C-Jay Content module.

The down side is that it reloads everything, the whole site, not just the html file. This may bog down a server if it is being hit hard.

Good Luck to all.

Login

Who's Online

529 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 529

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits